WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

and the waiting game continues...

Hi Ashlee,
Thank you so much for interviewing and model teaching with us. Right now I am waiting for our school board to make decisions about the budget for next year in light of what happened in the legislature last week regarding cuts to education funding. As such, you are one of our very top candidates for a position for next year. I cannot offer you a contract just yet, but I wanted to communicate with you that you have impressed us so much. Our board is hoping to have their decisions about the budget in early April. I will know at that time whether or not I am able to offer you a position.
If you accept a position elsewhere between now and then, I would appreciate you letting me know. I will be in touch with you as soon as I can.
 
Frustration!!! This is when I really get mad about budget cuts. Clearly the correct way to save money is to cut it from education, cause that's not important at all. AHHHHHH!
 
It's feels good to know that I am among one of their top candidates, but I'm just gonna put it out of my mind and continue looking for other schools to work at.
 
this sucks. but- i will stay positive. i will get a job next year. i will.

3 comments:

  1. BLAH!! That's terrible! At least you know you're one of the best. If you can be the best there you can be the best somewhere else too because YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid budget cuts!! Like really, from education? Why are they stupid?? I'm frustrated with this!! They should have snagged you up after you interviewed! Its decided I hate the government for making the world's dumbest decisions!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.