Quick Post:
Tomorrow I go to Noah Webster to sign my contract and to see my classroom. *giddy*. fancy that, me a kindergarten teacher! wowzer. Here's where you come in- if you have kids that have been in Kindergarten, or you have kids that are going into kindergarten, or if you really just want to add in your two sense.. what types of things did you like, or are looking forward to? I want my classroom to rock and I want my kiddos and families to be comfortable, so any input will be helpful. Gracias.
So, since I don't have a summer job (which is actually kind of nice) I will have plenty of time to get everything ready for next year. Color me excited. I can't wait. I'm going to send out cute cards to all of my kiddos at the end of July to welcome them to my class. So if anyone has any cute craft ideas, those are welcome too!
Oooo so excited. Life is wonderful.
Mostly important thing I learned this semester in my awful kindergarten classroom is to have the students moving. Make sure you motivate them to want to learn. Don't constantly do worksheets or coloring pages in their seats. Don't take away free choice time when they don't behave. Give them free choice time. Give them time to explore and use their imagination. Be nice to all the kids, find something positive each day about each one, even the one you can't stand. Let them all know they are important in your classroom community and as a person.
ReplyDeleteI know that you probably already know all of this stuff, but I was shocked by the way my teacher ran her classroom last semester! It was total chaos, and the students hated to come to school every day. I know you'll be fantastic because you're amazing and have a love for what you do! Good luck! I'm so excited for you!!!
Oh yeah, one more thing, the kid that cries because they don't want to be at school, love them! I had an amazing kindergarten teacher who showed extra love for me when I was having a hard time going to school, and it's because of her that I decided I wanted to be a teacher.
ReplyDelete