WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Monday, July 12, 2010

I've been a bad blogger.

Sorry my last few posts have been.. pretty lame. I apologize. My life has been pretty uneventful as of late. But I figured I should redeem myself and have a post with a little more meat it in. I hope you're not a vegetarian.

Well AF is still here, making it 7 days since she so graciously showed up. I'm ready for her to leave now so I can test for ovulation. I've even downloaded an app for my phone to track everything. I'm a planner. I can't help it. 

I will also be able to get into my classroom this week and start setting up! There will definitely be a post on that later this week. I went shopping more today and got some awesome deals at Staples with 1 cent folders and pencils. I'm excited, and terrified. This is my first year teaching and I couldn't be more apprehensive and thrilled. Stay tuned for the next 9 months to watch how it all unfolds. 

I've been pretty emotional about babies lately. I had to miss my friends baby shower on Saturday because I couldn't bring myself to go. I hate that! I hate that I can't be a normal person who doesn't cry when seeing a pregnant woman, or baby clothes, or babies. I think I'm on edge a little more than usual since I might actually have the opportunity to get pregnant this month, which also means I have the opportunity to see a big fat negative on my pee stick too. Now, I'm trying to stay positive but.. well its hard. Its hard when EVERYONE I know is pregnant, and they did it so naturally. I kid you not, everyone is. I have 3 pregnant sister in laws, 1 pregnant cousin, and 4 of our best friends are pregnant, and everyone else we know just had a baby. I'm surrounded. Luckily, I love them all, and am blessed to be apart of their lives, and can't wait to be apart of their babies lives as well.  and I swear- TV shows are on baby overdrive. It's not even the usual shows that I make sure I don't watch, like the ones about pregnancy. It's like regular tv episodes. How dare they? Saturday, I was babysitting and we were watching Yo Gabba Gabba. The entire episode was about babies. The little girl then asked me when I was going to have a baby. (kill me) Try putting on a happy face to a 3 year old and say oh honey, we want a baby. She doesn't get it. Then just now- Full House's episode was about Jesse and Rebecca wanting another baby. Seriously? Seriously? And really- does there actually need to be a show the Secret Life of an American Teenager.. about a pregnant teenager!! and how all of her friends are now getting pregnant! Cant there be a show about infertility, so that more people are aware that getting pregnant doesn't always happen when a guy and a girl just rub up against each other.

I'm going to try to stay happy, and think positive thoughts so that this month could be the month that we've been waiting for.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! And don't you think that on that SLAT her friend would of learned from her mistake. Kids say the darnest things, I had a 2nd grader tell me last year that the reason I love her (and my students) so much was because I didn't have any children of my own! Was she reading my diary? jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO not a bad blogger! You are delightful and I love ya! Thank you for your sweet comment on my post. :)

    It's not just you - it's also Baby Week on TLC. Pshaw! Where's angry-infertile-women week?? We deserve a week too dangit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you Ashlee, I'll make sure I don't get Stephanie pregnant right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.