"I'm hungry!!" "I'm thirsty" "I have to go to the bathroom!" "Is it time to go home?" "When can we play?"
Those were today's questions. I was asked them once every 2 minutes. Hopefully that will change tomorrow.
We practiced going home. That was an experience. We came back and went over more rules. That took all morning.
Lunchtime finally arrived and it felt like only minutes before we were back. After lunch we read a story called "Dear Teacher" and talked about how we're going to be hard workers all week so we can have fun Fridays. Then we colored. They looooved that. Then we sang our ABC's and read another story.
It all went by too fast. Dismissal was a circus. I'm glad that tomorrow is a new day, and I can make everything run smoother.
I'm really anxious for a good year, and I hope that my kiddos get into a routine soon. We're practicing ALL WEEK so that next week they can be trained pros.
My favorite comment of the day: A little girl raises her hand in the middle of my explanation of our class rules. Assuming that she has a question, I call on her and she says "My Grandma got laid off." and that was that. I chuckled on the inside. Kids surely do say the darnedest things.
Can't wait for tomorrow, but I sure am exhausted!!
How was your day?
Yay! I'm so happy for you and excited and glad your first day went great! Your guest post is up tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteOh cool! Im glad things went fairly smooth. Im looking forward to seeing more cute comments from your kids.
ReplyDeleteMy day yesterday..ah...a truck threw up a chunk of rock which smashed my windshield. Um ok, dramatic, but the crack is the size of a quarter. Getting "repaired" today and not replaced , doesnt make me too happy but we'll see. They say if i'm not satisfied (im already not satisfied!) they will replace it. Ugh Other than that my day was good!
Yay for your first day!!!! It WILL get easier, I promise. I honestly, though, don't know how you K teachers do it...give me the older kids any day. Everyone knows where they fit best, though. So glad you've found your place! Here's to a great school year.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jo
Sounds like things went pretty well on your first day! Awesome job :) I hope the rest of the week gets even smoother.
ReplyDelete