WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

another plan.

I recently bought the book The PCOS Diet Plan. I'm only on chapter five but so far, I'm loving it. It's about approaching PCOS the natural way. I'm all about natural- since apparently medicine doesn't work on me anyways. It gave some examples of previous studies that have been done and the results are really what interested me. The studies were all about women who went on a low carb high protein diet. Something like 75% of the participants welcomed back regular menstrual cycles and ovulation and a few even got pregnant.

I've known that losing weight is helpful but it has been so dang hard. I've tried- trust me. The way the author explains it in this book makes it seem so do-able. She explains it in ways that make sense- and I love that.

so anyways- the plan-

I'm going to get into gear this month with the low carb high protein diet. I'm committing to work out 3 times a week by doing zumba on the wii. Hopefully the clo.mid works this month. But if it doesn't work I'm going to take a few months to try things the natural way- maybe do some acupuncture or something. I think my body needs some time to cleanse out all of the meds I've been taking.

I hate not being super duper active in TTC- like it's all time lost. But I know that hopefully in the end we will reach our goal of being parents. But- let's just all keep hoping that this clo.mid cycle works!

Anyone else heard of other ways to help ovulation naturally?

4 comments:

  1. Hey
    I'm a new follower, so thought I'd say hi and that I've also recently started following a low carb high protein diet and really found that it's working for me better than any other diet I've followed.
    I lost a stone (14lbs) in 8 weeks. I've had a couple of rubbishy weeks so haven't lost anything, but really do see the benefits of it. There are another couple of people I'm in touch with that are following the diet and they've lost huge amounts - up to 6 stone (84lbs) in a year, which for someone with PCOS is pretty good going!
    Fingers crossed that the diet works for you - keep us posted!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for the birthday wishes. I am sorry but I do not have any advice on the ovulating naturally, but I really hope your diet improves things and you get your BFP naturally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my post & for the prayers!!! As far as PCOS, I took (and have started taking again) Metformin. If you can get thru the first 2 weeks of the unpleasant side effects (mostly diarrhea), it did get better for me-my body got used to it. It also help me lose a little weight too (enough to get my cycles back on some kind of track). It's not that expensive if you have insurance, but your Dr. will have to prescribe it. I'm sure you know that PCOS goes along with your body not metabolizing insulin correctly. The metformin (along with the clomid) has been very successful for a few ppl I know. BTW, if I haven't said this yet, I absolutely LOVE the owls on your blog!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the low carb high protein GI diet when I was on metformin, and follow it still fairly well to this day. It's been part of my miracle cure for the PCOS for me. I hope it works well for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.