Did you know that it costs $151 to do a progesterone test?
Yepp.
I had to pay $151 just to hear that I of course did not ovulate- which I already knew I didn't anyways.
To say I'm irritated is an understatement.
After opening the bill and crying in Brian's arms for 45 minutes I am just down right over it.
I'm done with the doctor. I cannot bring myself to pay another dollar for a failed treatment. So- after this month (which hopefully just works out and solves everything) I am done with the doctor. I will be continuing on my low carb, high protein and will just be praying and hoping that my body will just start working again.
Are we really asking for that much? All we want is this one thing. This one thing that seems to come so natural to 14 year olds and hookers. Why can't it happen to us? Why does this happen to anyone?
We're kind of reevaluating what we're going to do now. Because as of right now. I'm over it.
I refuse to calculate the money I have spent on fertility treatments. It is so depressing and just doesn't seem fair. Our bodies are failing us so why doesn't the government recognize it and treat us like other people who are sick. I live in Canada and we are moving towards having IVF and other fertility treatments. One province already allows women to have 3 free rounds.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget the crack whores. I told Cody I may need to become a crack whore to get knocked up. He strongly debated it.
ReplyDeleteI've been there! I had no idea it would be so expensive...and it's rediculous. I can tell if I've ovulated since I'm taking my temp. each morning. It's such a waste of money. When I finally was able to go to an RE he didn't make me do the stupid progesterone test, but then he was charging me an arm and leg anyways. I'm just taking metformin and we'll see what happens.
ReplyDelete:( My heart breaks for you and everyone else that deserves a baby and is struggling so hard to have one. You're right, it's just not fair. Not fair that there are so many unwanted pregnancies conceived so easily and not fair that insurance companies won't cover *any* fertility treatments...I can see how some might try to abuse that treatment, but there should be some limit or something, not to mention the cost is freaking ridiculous to begin with, it might not be such a big deal that wasn't covered if it wasn't so dang expensive out of pocket. I'm so sorry you have to struggle with this. You are in my prayers. However and whenever Heavenly Father gives you a baby, you will be an awesome mom.
ReplyDelete