November/December 2014- After spending a year on getting healthy and taking time to just relax, we decided to jump into fertility treatments again. We found a fabulous new doctor and were eager to get started. Our first appointment was at the end of November. I got all geared up with meds to get my cycle started. After CD1 we started a round of Clomid. I was hesitant because Clomid has never worked before, but since I had lost weight my doctor wanted to give it a shot. Well, it didn't work. So we moved on to injections. Those were fun. We started with 150mg getting shot into my stomach for 3 days. Brian was great, he was the one to stick me... I just couldn't manage to do that. Well, it didn't work. My body was still not responding. So we tried again, and magically it worked..barely. On December 22nd there was one follicle that was ready to go. December 23rd I took my trigger shot and on Christmas eve we were all ready for our IUI.
I was so nervous! The procedure went great! Luckily I was on Christmas break as was able to take it easy for the next little while. During my 2ww I had no symptoms except the occasional headache and what seemed to be symptoms of my cycle starting. I was pretty discouraged, but had read that it typically takes more than 1 IUI to be successful.
On January 7, 2015 at about 5:00 in the morning I saw something that I never dreamed of seeing.
I ran from the bathroom to the bed, and jumped on Brian yelling at him that I was pregnant. We cried and hugged and then I had to get ready for work. Going to work was nearly impossible. I just wanted to stay home so badly and snuggle with my husband and celebrate our good news. Keeping it a secret from everyone else was nearly impossible.
That afternoon I went to my doctor for blood work to test my levels. They came back great at 71. I went in again that Friday in hopes for them to double... and they did- more than that! They came back at 219. We were thrilled and just over the moon.
We decided to keep it quiet just for a little while longer. At around 8 weeks we told our families. I wish I had recorded their reactions because they were priceless. Their joy made my joy seem all that more real. It was a really special moment.
At 12 weeks we told the world. The love and congratulations heard from so many people meant the world to us. We love our friends and family.
Throughout the first trimester I was pretty sick. At first food was the only thing that would make me feel better, but then eventually food made everything worse. Throwing up was not my favorite, and it concerned my dogs a great deal. Now that I've entered into my second trimester, I'm much better.
So skipping ahead to this weekend- **Warning- TMI ahead**
Friday I got home from work around 4:30 and felt pretty sick. I almost threw up and went to lay on the bed with Brian to watch TV. After laying there a few minutes it felt like something was wrong. I got up and by the time I got to the bathroom I noticed that I had blood running down my legs and my underwear was soaked in blood. I didn't know what to do. I was in shock and was terrified about what this meant. I yelled for Brian and he came into the bathroom to discover the mess and me being hysterical. After a few minutes the bleeding stopped and Brian rushed me to the ER. I was a dang hot mess.
We were there for 5 hours. I had blood drawn, a pelvic exam, a catheter and an ultrasound. I couldn't stop crying and worrying and being so angry that this was happening.
Finally the doctor came back with our results. Our baby was fine. Strong heartbeat... 171. Placenta looked great, my cervix was closed and he didn't see anything else to raise alarm. He reassured me that this just happens to some women, and that it doesn't mean I will miscarry. He put me on pelvic rest for the next while and said I should be fine.
Holy cow. I was so relieved, but a whole new set of worry came over me. I knew now that I would be worried every single day until this baby was born. I was a nervous wreck before this happened, and now I am just waiting for it to happen again.
Our support system has been amazing. Brian has been the perfect husband. He carries everything for me, and has been waiting on me hand and foot. I just love that husband of mine.
So that's where we are now. I feel fine. Baby is fine. and hopefully I'll get to go to my OB tomorrow or early this week to have another check up. I just want to hear my babies heartbeat so badly.
I will blog more to keep track of all of these things that I want to remember. So if you want, stay tuned for more.
Baby Gibson- Est. Arrival: September 16th


Congratulations!!!! This is such great and exciting news.
ReplyDeleteSuch great news! I'm so happy for you and Brian! Will be sending good thoughts your way and following your journey!
ReplyDelete