WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday is a special day!

Well Brian and I got called to be nursery leaders. Awesome. Our class rocks and we love it. Our ward is no longer super lame, only because now our only real interaction is with the children. :-) It's nice to get some more practice in with the little ones, experience is always helpful for the future, especially for my degree and my mommy hood one day.

Christmas was fantastic. Brian got me some excellent things. He got me band hero, of which I have already done all the songs. That's a fun game, but it makes you realize just how crappy of a singer you are. He also go me the angel wing necklace that Ive been wanting, a 1.5 quart crock pot to make delicious dips in, and a scarf and a candle, and some candy and an amazing cook book. Did you not know that i'm basically a chef? Well I am. I rock at cooking. Who would've known? I got Brian some games, Modern Warfare 2, and Left for Dead 2 and a Frisbee Golf Set. He's good for go on some high quality play time. Then yesterday we went and bought Super Mario Brothers for the Wii as our family present. It's awesome. Our parents surely spoiled us as well. We got a propane stove from Mama Gibson to use for our family readiness stuff, we're excited. It's good to be prepared. My parents got us a 6 man tent which will be the perfect size for me and Brian. They got me the Twilight Series, which I am so glad that I own the books now since I love them soo much. I also got some cute polka dot Christmas ornaments and some Christmas towel and pot holder set thingy. Brian got some grilling tools for when we go camping and some other camping equipment. We each got a case of our favorite soda too! All in all, it was an excellent Christmas, far better than I was expecting it to be. I am so grateful for the people in my life and for the blessings that we have.

Student teaching starts in like 2 weeks. holy crap. I'm nervous, but totally stoked. That will be if anything, a really great experience.

I can't wait for 2010. It will be wonderful. I've been thinking about some goals for the year and so far I only have the following:
  • Graduate with honors (pretty sure that I have that one under control)
  • Buy a house, an awesome one.
  • Get at least one dog, preferably 2.
  • Loose 10% of my body weight. (Im starting a weight loss blog in the new year to keep me on track.)
  • Exercise!! Don't be so gosh dang lazy!
  • Cook more, eat out less.
  • Get a teaching job!! (cross your fingers everyone)
  • Be smart with money. Save at least 10% of every paycheck.
  • Read my scriptures every dang day! I'm terrible at that.
  • Give service to others.
That's all I've got. You all better check up on me and make sure I'm on track! Happy New Years Everyone! 2010 will be wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I'll check on you as long as you keep checking on me. I need to desperately make some healthy lifestyle goals as well. You rock Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.