WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 6: Whatever tickles your fancy. MY BUCKET LIST.

Well, I've been thinking about what to do for this post, since I get total free choice. I decided to make a post about my "bucket list". A bucket list, for those of you who are confused, is a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. I have had one of these lists from high school, and its very long. I'll just be putting up ten things on here, for the sake of not boring anyone to death.

These are not listed in any sort of order.

1. Serve a mission with my husband. Ever since I joined the church over 4 years ago I have wanted to serve a mission. I just knew it in my heart that I wouldn't serve one as a young adult, it just wasn't in the cards. So I've always wanted to serve one with my hubby. So, hopefully Brian and I will be in a situation when we're older to serve the Lord on a couples mission.

2. Be a mother. Whether it be my own natural children or lucky little children that we meet through adoption I will be a mother.

3. Learn to play the piano. I used to play. I used to be pretty good at it. But then I quit when we moved to Arizona and I never picked it back up. I dream of me playing the piano at a Christmas party with family and friends singing carols and trimming the trees. Just like in the movies.

4.Travel. I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a goal of the amount of places traveled or the furthest distance, so  I thought I would just leave it at travel. I want to take a vacation once a year. Whether it be a short drive to Sedona, or a week long trip to London. I want to get out and see the world with my family. Heavenly Father has made a beautiful earth for us to live on, and I intend to enjoy his work.

5. Plant a tree for arbor day. Silly as it may be, but I've always wanted to do this. I have this little fantasy in my head of me and my children or nieces and nephews or what have you all gathered around in my yard planting a tree on arbor day, like a tradition. It will happen.  I just need to get a yard first to plant such trees in.

6. Make a difference in homebody's life. Like a real difference. Luckily teaching will allow me to do just that. I'm really excited to be able to check it off. But even after it is checked off I will continue to do it. This one will be a recurring goal.

7.Run in a marathon (distance to be determined later). I think this would be such a personal accomplishment for me. I am working towards one now.

8. Own my own business. I either want it be a school, or a restaurant. Maybe I'll do both.

9. Be super crafty. I stalk all sorts of craft blogs and I want to be just like them. Their homes are beautiful, their children accessorize and they make yummy foods out of delicious recipes. I want to be just like them.

10.Have no regrets. This one will be the last to cross off. I want to live a life full of excitement and good choices. I don't want to look back and regret anything.

WHAT ARE SOME THINGS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?

1 comment:

  1. Lets see...I have never really written my bucket list out. But I do want to get better at my piano skills again, just need to buy an adapter for my keyboard and I'm set. I'd love to visit Australia some day and pick up my brother in August 2011 from his mission in South Africa. I wish I was more crafty too. Hopefully when I have a place that is my own, I can do that. Right now I have a certain roomie who doesnt treat my things with respect so Im a little hesitant to make anything nice to put out :-/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.