WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Monday, May 10, 2010

I guess this is growing up.

Today was the first day of my LIFE where I haven't had any work or school obligations. I am officically pathetic. I've exhausted all of my leads for jobs and keep turning up empty. They all keep deciding to hire from within their school to help ease the budget strain. *Note to self: If I ever own my own school I will not but the "Now Hiring" sign out until I am sure that I am indeed hiring. Otherwise, its just cruel.

I am a substitute for Mesa Public Schools and my phone did ring 7 times today looking for a sub for random schools around the valley. I decided I needed just one day off. So tomorrow and Wednesday I get to go back to my old stomping grounds of Ishikawa and sub in a 4th grade classroom. Then, on Friday I get to sub for a 2nd grade class there as well. It's not the class I student taught in, but I know the teacher and the kids so it should rock. But 4th grade.. color me nervous. I'm terrified. But we're desperate for money so I have no choice. As of this morning, after paying some bills and transfering the rest of our savings into our checking I officially have $12.00 left to my name. I'm basically putting my trust in the Lord that we will be taken care of. And we plan to eat at our parents house tons in the meantime. I guess this is growing up.

More exciting news- I'm going to be an Aunt again. Brandon and Ann are preggers. Well, Ann is preggers, but you know what I mean. This will be baby #2 for them and we are all super excited for them! She is due in December. Jodi is due late November I think- so by the end of the year I will have 4 neices/nephews. We don't know the sex of Jodi or Ann's baby.. maybe we can get some nephews in this family!

Anyways, since I am a "housewife" today I thought I should clean and cook and all that jazz. I better go do some laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.