WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm a runner.

Well, not really..yet. I'm more of a walkjogrunalittlethenwalkagain kind of girl. So at 11:30 I decided I wanted to go for a quick stroll around my neighborhood. But its dark, werent you scared? Yes, I was a little nervous but luckily we live in a very nice neighborhood with little to no thru traffic, and basically everyone who lives on my street goes to bed by like 9:00. So when I walkjogrunalittlethenwalkagain I like to do it with no ipod, just so that I can listen to the streets and think but mainly so that I can hear if a creeper is trying to sneak attack me. I've come to the slight realization that all of the shows that I watch such as Prison Break, CSI and SVU have made me quite paranoid. I look for shadows and I make sure to have the energy to run when I am approaching the dark creepy houses. But all in all, I'm glad I did it. It took me a little over 16 minutes to do a mile. Horrible, I know. Don't judge me, I'm new. Most of it was walking I admit, but I made sure my heart rate stayed pumping and I feel great. I'm really proud of myself and can't wait to go again tomorrow. Maybe I'll start a new mini blog series entitled Guess what paranoid thought Ashlee thought of while running this time. I think the title may need some work, but we'll see. But thanks friends, you've been great. Now- goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. i am soo not a runner ...if i have to i just do a walk, speed walk, jog ,then back to a walk. I prefer biking over running. Great job to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! the great thing about running is how quickly you can see progress. kudos from running at 11:30, too! i'm too chicken to go at night :/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.