WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love

So I am still unemployed.
 And even better, the job that I thought I would have during the summer at my old preschool looks like I wont have it.. enrollment is just not up. So- I officially have no prospects. I did interview yesterday at Noah Webster Basic School and have another interview at a preschool tomorrow. I've applied to over 50 jobs from Craiglist. Some in office work, some in education, some in babysitting.
 I am determined.

Brian and I have been loving our calling as nursery leaders. Our class rocks.

Brian has had some luck and might have work over the summer after all. That should help but we still need to find something steady for me to do so that we can pay all of our bills on time.

I've been subbing for Mesa Public Schools, but that's not a guaranteed every day thing. I am doing plenty of babysitting these next few weeks so that should help out too.

Brian and I have been married for just about a year. I cannot believe how fast this year has come by. I absolutely adore being married and couldn't imagine my days without him. He's a keeper and I am excited to celebrate our first wedding anniversary together.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashlee, have you thought about applying for daycares (I don't know the average pay) or even opening one up in your own house (which can pay really good but it's self employment which can be tricky)? I know it's different then what you got your degree in, but it's just a thought. Good luck! You two are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daycares pay minimum wage. But thanks for the idea.

    and I would love to open up a daycare in my house, but right now our apartment barely holds 2 people.. but once i get a house i would love to do that.

    thanks britt!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.