WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I need to vent.

Job hunting SUCKS. It sucks more than anything you've ever imagined. Well.. probably not, but still it sucks.

I've resorted to looking at jobs for preschools or for being a nanny. I keep coming across things such as:

*Early Childhood Degree highly preferred.
*Must have 4+ years experience.
*Must have excellent references.

I have all of those, and I get all excited and then I see this.

*Pay- $7-8/hr.

Are you flipping kidding me!! I made MORE than that when I was 15 and had no degree. I was just looking up nanny ads when I saw one that wanted 5 years of experience, 5 days a week, and wanted to pay $5 an hour! Seriously? Like how dare you? How dare you even post something like that. You should re-think that and advertise to a 13 year old.

Seriously, $5.00 an hour?

Well- any whosen. I had a job interview today at the Goddard School. She said that their salaries are higher than most schools so there's a chance I might be able to at least make someone decent money (in this economy at least.) I will hear back on Monday. I will NOT work for less than $10.00 hour. I figure thats about what I would make if I just stayed subbing for MPS so thats what I'm sticking to.

Gosh, the nerve of these people.

P.S- VOTE YES ON PROP 100 ON MAY 18TH- ITS PRETTY IMPORTANT AND WILL SAVE MANY OTHER TEACHERS FROM HAVING TO FIND JOBS THAT PAY THEM MINIMUM WAGE. EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE. EVERY CHILD IS WORTH ONE CENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.