WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 14: A Non-Fictional Book

Hi, my name is Ashlee and I am not a reader. I would rather watch a movie. Wanna know why? It only takes 2 hours and then I can take a nap. So I don't have a plethora of books that I can choose from to be my favorites, but I actually, in fact, do have a fav non-fiction book. I actually do enjoy non-fiction books. I enjoy self-help books. I like learning about real things. I don't have time to mess around with that make believe mubo jumbo. (but I do have time to watch movies about them.)

So, without further ado my fav non-fic book is


This book is pure genious. The movie sucked.

Believe it or not before I met Brian I had a terrible dating life. I had bad luck and when I fell, I fell hard. This book got me through a lot of hard times in that oh so yucky dating past of mine. If you haven't read it, feel free. Its a quick read and is writen so quirky and funny you can't put it down.

Here's a little exerpt for your reading pleasure:

"My friends all say I should stop talking to him, but I think he misses me, and I like that. I miss him. I feel if I stay in touch with him, it will remind him of how great I am, and eventually he will realize that we should be together again.
A man who wants to make a relationship work will move mountains to keep the woman he loves. If he's not calling you to tell you he loves you and wants you back, it should only be because he's showing up at your new residence to do it in person ... if he's not doing any of that, he may love you, he may miss you, but ultimately he's just not that into you. Stop taking his calls and let him know what it's like to live without you.
Don't be flattered that he misses you. He should miss you. You're deeply missable. However, he's still the same person who just broke up with you. Remember, the only reason he can miss you is because he's choosing, every day, not to be with you. "

1 comment:

  1. for years I was like you, only reading non-fiction hobbyist or self-help type stuff. I had no interest in novels for the reasons you stated. Then I flipped sides and started getting into novels, but only highly recommended ones or classics. And they have to be clean. which is why I can trust classics.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.