Welcome!
If you are finding this blog through IComLeavWe I'm glad you stopped by!
I thought I would share a little about me, to introduce myself to my new friends. We are friends right?
My name is Ashlee. I'm 23 years old and am madly in love with my husband, Brian. He's 24, I surely go for older men. I'm sassy like that. We just celebrated our one year Anniversary and cannot wait to celebrate a million more.
I'm a Kindergarten teacher. I like to finger paint, and read Fancy Nancy.
Brian is in the transportation department for our school district, or a less fancy way of saying that- he's bus driver. He likes to read and write, and play video games. (He's writing a book. Don't tell him I told you. He's kind of territorial over it.)
{We're perfect for each other.}
Our lives are wonderful, lovely, magical except for one thing.
My baby making pipes are rusty, or out of service- I can't decide.
We want to be parents. Badly.
Problem is, we don't know what's wrong with me. So that makes it a little tricky to fix.
We've been TTC for about a year now, with no luck- obviously.
My monthly visitor has been gone since October of 2009 so we are suspecting PCOS or something along those lines. We should find out for sure in September what is wrong and then hopefully we can grease up my pipes and get this show on the road. **My insurance will kick in September 1st, that is why we've had to wait** Budget cuts in the education department have hurt us both greatly.**
At first, we were angry. furious. Why was this happening to us? I was bitter. I was jealous of every pregnant women I saw. I dreaded hearing the news from people.
Then, I prayed about it and felt better.
It was an up and down for me. Hit or miss. Some days were great, some were horrid. I would torture myself by watching 16 and Pregnant and wonder why in the world do they get to be pregnant, but I can't.
After checking myself into rehab from my DVR I stopped watching all pregnancy related shows. I stopped googling infertility related items. It was making me crazy. and sad.
Time went on and soon many of my friends were pregnant, my sister in laws were pregnant and we still weren't. So, instead of being a total basket case about what we didn't have I decided to turn my frown upside down and be happy. Be happy for all of the blessings we do have.
Mind over matter.
We all know that that is way easier said than done. I still cry when I hear a pregnancy announcement. I still get choked up when I see a newborn. I still have my low days, but now I also have the ability to look to the future and not fear for what I do, or do not see.
I know that my husband and I will be parents. I just don't know when. And man, am I impatient!!
Things that I've found has worked for me:
*Prayer. I used to pray for a baby, but now I pray for hope, comfort and faith. It's working.
*Talking about it. Before you bite your best friends head off for announcing her pregnancy, keep in mind that she can't read your mind. Tell the ones you feel comfortable with about your struggles. They will then become sensitive to your situation. This also helps minimize the amount of "When will you get pregnant" questions. Man do I hate that question.
*Celebrate the love that you have already. I've found that focusing on the amount of fun that my husband and I will have regardless is what keeps me going. Make plans, and live your life. Don't do what I did for the past 6 months and wallow. It gets you nowhere. It just makes your eyes red and puffy.
I know this is all easier typed then done. I know. But be happy. Live, Laugh, Love. Enjoy your husband, your pets, your whatever. Keep your heart in the right place. Don't drive yourself crazy waiting for the future. It will make for a very boring story when you look back on your life.
Our time will come. Your time will come. But until then, we will be right here, being happy, being in love, and enjoying life. We will be savoring every moment of every day until we are parents. And then, when that glorious day comes, we will be savoring life even more once our little ones enter into our lives.

i know every single one of those feelings all too well. it's horrible. right now you might not feel lucky or blessed to be going through this trial, but looking back, i do feel like i was because of the person i am now. i really feel blessed to be one of the few who cried with joy when we found out we were expecting. our babies are going to be so loved because we wanted them SO badly. hang in there, you are a strong woman, you are doing so much better than i was when it had been a year. i hope you don't have 3 more years like i did. just remember it's because heavenly father loves you, not because he's forgotten. i often felt forgotten. don't ever think that!
ReplyDeletei have a ton of infertility blogs that i read, if you're interested in reading them. sometimes it helped me, sometimes it didnt.
xoxo
Hello! I'm here for ICLW and I'm glad I came across you blog! September is not far away and finding out what's wrong with you (why though? Has your DH been tested already?) is the first step to a solution. I've no doubt that your quest to mommyhood will be a successful one. Love, Fran
ReplyDeleteICLW #130
here from iclw. Have you and your hubby been tested? Welcome to the wild and crazy ride of infertility, it sounds like you have a few good action plans to help you through it.
ReplyDeletehang in there,
http://findjoynow.blogspot.com
iclw #133
Some wise words you've said there! ICLW #25
ReplyDeletePopped over for ICLW. I have had many of those same emotions you have. Hopefully once you go to a doctor, they can prescribe you meds that will regulate your cycle and will at least give you a chance each month to get your BFP.
ReplyDeleteICLW #168
Hi from ICLW! I love your faith and your hope. I have been needing some more of that lately. I am wishing you lots of luck & hope when you go to the doctor he can jump start you so you can get your BFP!! ICLW #173
ReplyDeleteI love you Ashlee. I do know one thing, and that is I am so blessed to have you as my daughter (in-law). I am so happy for Brian as he has the most important person for him in his life. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHey everyone- Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully you come back and read this so it answers your questions.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I have not been tested for anything yet. We're waiting for our insurance. Joys of the budget cuts in the education department, which affects us both.
But September 1st is when our insurance will kick in for the new school year. And you better believe that I will have an appointment for that very day!
You are too cute and I pray that your miracle comes soon also! If nothing else, I can give encouragement for you in this--you are SO YOUNG!!! ( I know you must hate hearing that because I sure did at 24) BUT...now that I am 37 and it took over 10+ years to add to our family...well, I have to say that even though it looks bumpy right now--you have insurance coming in September, you are young, there's lots of new stuff out there and there's so much HOPE for you!!! Exciting, exciting, exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteLots of prayers!!!
Lori ICLW 105
Stopping by from ICLW...I hope that September comes quickly for you and that you are able to get some good answers! I am adding you as a favorite so that I can keep up with your story. :)
ReplyDeleteLove that post, and love your outlook on your struggle with IF... I think that will go a long way to making you still feel like YOU are in control of your life, not IF (okay, who am I kidding--clearly God is in control, not us... but still!--you get my drift.)
ReplyDeleteI've got PCOS, and when they confirmed the diagnosis for me, it did an amazing job of answering so many questions that I'd had for so long, about my body, my cycles, random swings of irrational anger/irritability that are TOTALLY unlike me... it was a good day to find out what was wrong, and what I could take/do to help alleviate the symptoms.
I wish you a short TTC journey, and lots of peace along the way~
Happy ICLW tuesday!
what a great way to focus on the positive. It is so easy to get bogged down in all that we lose through IF.
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW
I love this post. I hope you enjoy your summer vacation! I will be checking back and hoping your appointments go well this fall. *hugs* to you!
ReplyDeleteI too teach (first grade) and LOVE Fancy Nancy! I can relate to all your feelings. I too hate the "so when will you have kids" question. After 7 years most people stop asking ;). So glad I found your blog. Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to hear about you, and at the same time I understand it must be hard for you to want a baby and it not happening. You have clearly streamlined a truth, that your time will come when it's right, and meanwhile you can keep enjoying life, your husband, new experience and all it's gifts. Keep shining. :) Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeleteP.S-Congratulations to you and your husband on your first year anniversary! :) I trust many happy years will be lived.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I'm a teacher too! (1st grade) and soooo glad the summer is here!! ;-) Have a great one!
ReplyDelete