The thought of having my new friends from ICLW come over and read the same post that I posted yesterday was dreadful. How boring of me. Feel free to read it though friends. It at least has a picture. We all know that pictures make your blog jump from a 5 to a high 8. Sadly, this one has no picture. But I think it will still have some redeeming qualities.
Background Info: My hubby has had the flu since Saturday morning. And, as I'm sure all of you know- husbands turn into 5 year olds when they're sick. They whine. They complain. They moan. They even cry. Well, maybe not cry, but I'm sure he thought about it.
This conversation happened last night before I went jogging.
Brian: (laying on the bed) Baaaabe. Baaaaaaabe! My stomach hurts.
Me: Well, have you taken any pepto?
Brian: No.
Me: Well take some, its on the floor by the head of the bed.
Brian: (Looks at me with his puppy dog eyes and moans louder.)
Me: Fine. I'll get it for you.
Brian: Thanks love.
Silence.
Me: You know I wont be able to take care of you forever.
Brian: (Looks at me like I have two heads) What? Seriously? Are you planning on leaving me? or dying?
Me: (laughing) No honey. I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I'm going jogging here in a minute so I cant stand here and stare at you to make sure you're okay.
Brian: So you will take care of me forever then?
Me: Don't push your luck. I'll think about it.
Silly husband. I'm so glad that he's feeling a little better today. He's lucky I love him.
Sounds like Cody. His tummy hurt last night so I broke out the pepto (magic tummy pills in our house) but it makes him gag so bad (its all in his head). He whines and cries but lo and behold in the morning he felt better.
ReplyDeleteI lined up all of my ICLW blogs to read for this evening. My husband came home from work, sick. I empathize with you. Hoping your hubby feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Awww. You two are cute :)
ReplyDeleteOh no not the Man Flu! Your poor husband (and poor you too ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable!
ReplyDeleteHope he feels better soon!!
Happy ICLW!
#83
Thank you for stopping by my blog:-) Let me just tell you, sicky-crybaby hubby's only WORSEN with age!!! LOL!! We've been married for almost 9 years now (my bff has been married for 21 yrs) and we talk about this all the time! Her hubby actually told us last year after having a bunion removed from the bottom of his foot that it had to hurt more than her THREE c-sections. AND HE WAS SERIOUS! We gut laughed at him to his face (and a whole bunch behind his back). Silly men! They are all just little boys deep inside, whether they are 3, 43, or 103. :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad he's feeling better! Wished I could tell you it gets better with age.....lol!