Yesterday I had a wonderful conversation with my Aunt Laura. (My MIL's sister) We talked about life and I vented a little a lot about my frustration with infertility. We talked about how exciting my new job will be and about how much fun we're going to have when we visit her in Pennsylvania. We talked about the Gospel and she just made my heart smile with all of her words of encouragement, she knew exactly what I needed to hear. She reassured me that I will be a mom one day, and that I will be a wonderful teacher that changes the lives of the students in my class. When I got off the phone with her, I knew just then that that conversation was sent from Heavenly Father. I had been praying for some comfort, for some words of encouragement and there she was, on the other end of the country, answering my prayers.
During our conversation she had told me a story about her previous night at a Relief Society get together. She told me that this sweet lady, about 60 or so, had told the sisters to always "Savor the moment." The definition of savor is: to give oneself to the enjoyment of: to savor the best in life. So upon Aunt Laura's advice my new mantra is to savor the moment. We are sent to this earth to endure trials, but to also have fun! Don't live your life with the end in mind, savor each moment, of every day and I bet when you look back on your life, you'll like what you remember.
It's hard for me to savor the moment. It makes me go to a place that focuses on the things that I don't have in my life. Instead of me focusing on not having a baby, I should focus on the wonderful time that I am spending with my hubby. Before, I would think- well if I think that way it just means that I don't want a baby. Maybe if someone sees how happy I am without one, then in the end, I'll never get one because I didn't seem to need one. But really- that's silly. Heavenly Father knows the intention of our heart and he knows that mine and Brian's hearts are filled with the desire to be parents. He knows that, I know that, Brian knows that and that is really all that matters.
So I challenge you to savor the moment. Every moment, of every day.

This is perfect. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteAshlee... You are so sweet. Your words touched my heart. Just reading your blog tonight made my day even more awesome.. "I'll SAVOR" your words forever! (AUNT - MIL SISTER-LAURA)
ReplyDelete