WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Childhood Memories.

Thanks HOLLY for the wonderful idea!

I often think about my childhood. The things that I loved, the things that I would rather forget, and the things that I want to make sure my children get to experience. Of the memories that I loved the most were my family that always took me places, like my Aunt Lora- she took me everywhere! I experienced so much, and was never short on love.



Where/when you born? . Fridley Minnesota.


Were you born first, second, etc.? I was born first.

 
What was your first pet? When I was maybe in 1st grade I found a cat. I wanted to name her Chip, because she was black and white. But my aunt, who was older got to pick so we named her Porky, cause she ate a whole lot apparently.

 
What were you for your first Halloween? I can't remember. My first costume I remember wearing was a punk rock person. I hated Halloween.

 
Was there a gift you really wanted for Christmas that you never received? I was really blessed to be spoiled as a child. I do remember wanting a My Size Barbie, but it was never really my size since I was so tall. So I never got it, because I wouldn't have been able to fit into her dress anyway. So it was pointless.

 
Did you have any imaginary friends? I had an imaginary Duck.

 
What were your favorite books? I loved The Boxcar Children, and all of the Keven Henkes books.

 
What did you wanna be when you grew up? A mermaid. or A teacher.

 
Favorite after-school, never-missed shows? Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Full House, Duck Tails, Gargoyles and Rugrats.

 
What was your favorite toy? I was really big into treasure trolls and my little pony and water babies.

 
What was your first best friend's name? Ashley Rose! We're still pals.

 
Broken any bones or had any freaky accidents as a kid? I broke my finger, twice. I  broke my ankel also. Oh- and one time I was skating at the roller rink and fell and broke my chin open. I had to get 5 stitches.

 
Did you play house or pretend to be a super hero? I played house constantly.

 
Were you romantically involved with someone as a pre-teen? Romantically involved? What does that even mean? I had my first cheek kiss when I was in 4th grade. I wasn't some sort of five dollar hooker if that's what you're asking.

Did you get along with your parents growing up? I got along with my grandparents. I lived with them until I was 9. I got along with my mom. I hated her (ex)husband though, and still do.

Were you involved in any extra-curricular activities? When I was younger I did dance and softball. I also played varsity volleyball in high school.

What was the first record, tape or CD you remember buying? I had the Billy Ray Cyrus tape of Achy Breaky Heart when I was in Kindergarten. I remember getting the TLC and Boys II Men tapes for my 9th birthday.

Did you ever fall in love with someone in high school? I had a boyfriend when I was 16 that I dated for year. I told him I loved him. But now that I know what love really is, I surely did not love him.

 
Did you enjoy your childhood? For the most part, yes. There are definitely some terrible things that I would like to forget, but other then that- sure.  

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about peoples childhoods!! I've been meaning to ask you what ever happened to Rian? Last time I talked to him was probably two years ago.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.