WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm exhausted.

Today was a very loooong day. But it was ultra awesome. Today was my first day at work, my new job, my teaching job. I got to meet all of the other newbs (that's newbie) and got to tour the campus and learn some stuff about the school. Meeting new people is always exhausting. I'm kind of a basket case at first, quiet and sheltered. I don't want to blow them out of the water with my charm and humor just yet. I'll save that for later.

As much as I love talking about myself, I hate introducing myself. I hate saying "Nope, no kids yet." Which then is followed by "Oh, well you're young, you should probably wait like 5 years." and then of course I just smile and nod. Why do people feel the need to tell me that I'm too young to have a baby? I'm 4 months shy of being 24, I'm a college graduate and a teacher. I'm not an 18 year old working at Sonic, living with her parents. But whatever. I'll show them that I'm not too young to be a mommy.. sheesh.

I got to do some more work in my classroom today. It's still pretty far from being finished, but it's getting there. I finally have the furniture placed where I want it at least. I bought some cute stuff for my desk at Target today too. I can't wait for it too look exactly like I want it to. And don't worry- I'll post pictures as soon as it's all done.

I'm stoked about my job. I can't wait to meet my kiddos and to instill a love of learning into their little souls.

Oh, and P.S- I am officially a certified teacher as of this afternoon. (Leave it up to me to wait till the last minute to get it.)

5 comments:

  1. Yay for being certified (as opposed to certifiable...that comes later in the year! LOL!). Glad you had a good day.

    I remember getting those comments in my early 20's, too. I wasn't too open about our TTC status until much later, even though we started trying when I was just 21. It sucks, but eventually people DO stop telling you you're too young. (Of course, by then, you're old, so....)

    :-)

    When do the kids start where you are? Ours come on the 19th -- I can't even get into my classroom until August.

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo- I hope you check back to see this. We start school Aug 11th. I probably would've had a panic attack if I couldn't get into my class till August. Best of luck to you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new teaching job! Teaching is so exciting and fun. Usually. I came over from ICLW. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My younger son is going into kindergarten this year, so we'll be on the other side of the new school-new adventure story. Wishing you a wonderful year! You will shine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.