I haven't had much to blog about lately. I guess I still don't have much to blog about, but here goes nothing.
I've read like 4 posts about women who have gotten positive pregnancy tests. It's exciting stuff. Why you ask.. well its simple. All of these women have been getting pregnant "naturally" I guess you could say even though they are all infertile. All they've done is loose weight! I've read that loosing 10-15% of your body weight can help increase chances of conception. I didn't know if that was true, just a myth or what not- but I've been converted.
So- I'm going into diet overdrive. I only need to loose 8.2 pounds this month to complete my July goal. I decided to break every month down and pick a smaller number for a goal each month instead of looking at it as the 100 pounds that I would like to loose. It's less intimidating. I like that.
I'm motivated.
Perfect timing too. I think this week, or next week is Baby Week on TLC. Gag. I think I prefer Shark week much better.
Losing weight does help, especially if your IF is due to PCOS or irregular cycles. The yellow 'bad' fat in women can store estrogen. If you don't have a big enough decrease in estrogen every month, you may not ovulate or have a period. That's what they thought was wrong with me. I had every sign of PCOS, without actually having cysts. All my weight was in my stomach. I tried for a year to lose the weight on my own, with little/no results. I LOVE food and have zero will power :-) I eventually had gastric bypass, lost 145lbs and my periods/ovulation came back to normal (28-30 days). I applaud you and women like you who have the will power to do it on their own!!! Even thought GB surgery is definitely not the easy way out, I would have rather just lost it on my own--especially now that I know my weight didn't have anything to do with my IF (my eggs aren't good). Anyways, I wish you the best of luck!!! Sounds like you are doing great so far!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment! And yes I'm following you - love your blog!! I like your idea about splitting up the weight loss - why didn't I ever think of that?!
ReplyDeleteBaby week, barf. So, here's what I propose. We'll combine shark week with baby week by dropping crackheads who don't deserve to have babies into the ocean with the sharks??? :P
Love your positive outlook! It is inspiring to read your thoughts and endearing to read your heart thumps. Here's to your success and your goals!!! You are awesome, Love Yah!!
ReplyDelete