WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy August ICLW!



If you are stopping by from ICLW- Welcome! If you are an old friend, thanks for visiting again.

As always I am super excited for this months ICLW. I always look forward to this time of the month. This is my third ICLW and I can't wait to make new friends.

You can check out the above tabs to learn about myself and my number one guy, Brian, to read my past two ICLW posts and to check out my 101 goals in 1001 days.

But, If you decide to just read this- here' s the cliff notes version.

My name is Ashlee and I've been married for 14 wonderful months! We're really enjoying life and our time together. I'm a Kindergarten teacher and my husband is a bus driver. We're big fans of kiddos. But we can seem to have one on our own. But we surely get an E for effort.

Yesterday my 46 day period stopped. Hallelujah! I can't decide if I want to test for ovulation or if it's a lost cause since it was here for a month and a half. What do you think? Those O kits are expensive and I don't want to waste my money.

This is only the second visit from Aunt Flo since we've been married. She's super sketchy like that. We are suspecting PCOS but it hasn't been confirmed. I go to the doctors (finally) the first week in September to see what we can do. I've never looked forward to a dr's appointment more than I am now. There should hopefully be some good juicy news by next month's ICLW. Can't wait to post all about it.

So that's about it. I've been doing pretty good on the baby front. I haven't had a breakdown recently, but I almost did cry last week when I was reading my All About Me book to my new class of Kindergartners. One of them raised their hands and asked when I was going to have a baby. It was an innocent question, but it caught me off guard and the tears almost made it out of my eyes. I answered back with an honest "I don't know." and left it at that.

We're being positive. We've gotten really good at it. Instead of wallowing in our pain, we're taking a proactive approach to life. We're savoring every moment of our lives as a two some and praying for the days when we can add some more little ones into our lives. But for now, we're going to be happy with just us, because life is too short to be crying in the shadows over bad timing. Our time will come, eventually. We're sure of it.

I hope you all have a very happy ICLW! I can't wait to "meet" you all!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from ICLW...just wanted to leave a note of encouragement! Since you are just at the start of your journey & those visits to your doc are just beginning, please feel free to visit my blog to get some good tips on what to ask & what to expect (especially if you are a possible PCO patient). You can achieve your dream, it just depends on a good diagnosis & plan! Take care & good luck! www.womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your TTC journey. I hope you get some answers at that appointment!

    ICLW#137

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very best wishes on your docs visit... I hope you get some answers soon. And ps-I love Dexter!

    - Happy ICLW!
    Jess (#74)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.