WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is it just gas?

I know I'm not the only one that does this, but I seriously take every pain, every twitch, every time I pee twice in an hour into a sign that I could be pregnant. But it's usually just gas. Like I ask myself, did I feel like this last month, how many times did I pee yesterday, and then I google to see if there's even a possibility that one of my symptoms are anything to be cautioned about. Nope. Usually web md tells me I've got a UTI or some other random bladder issue. Geesh.

And then I keep thinking how awesome it would be to go to my OB appointment and them be like "Omg! You're pregnant, and they can send me on my merry way." That would rock. I would prefer that. It's happened to a lady I know, so I know its not impossible.

I feel super lazy this ICLW. I'm a bad blogger, but teaching has wiped me out. I was going to try and reach iron commentator status again this month, but I don't think I'll make it. Sorry ladies.

So today in class a cute little guy I'll call N had a little tiny pencil that he found. He kept playing with it so I took it away. He then came up to my desk and said "oh Mrs. Gibson, I didn't really want it anyways. I want you to have it and give it to your kids someday." I just chuckled and giggled at the thought of this child reading my mind and hearing my heart race when he said 'someday'.

and then today we read the folk talk The Little Gingerbread Boy- which is totally about an infertile old lady who wants a child so badly she makes one out of gingerbread. I surely hope I never get to that point, and if I did- I'd choose a better tasting cookie flavor for sure.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I do that with every pain in my body. I have a psycho right ovary and at least every week I have my husband, OccDoc, check me for appendicitis. Now that he's deployed I'm fairly certain I will get appendicitis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you!! I analyze every single sympton. Last month I said if I don't have a single cramp I'll be optimistic. Then when I don't have a single cramp, I assume it's over. Sigh..... For me the one thing I do stick to is never POAS. I always wait for my beta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I do that ALL the time! It's nice to meet you ICLW#116! :) I'm a new follower! :)
    ~Michelle
    ICLW #117

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, this made me laugh! I hope you get pregnant soon!!! Your blog is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second guess symptoms all the time. Omg that is one of my secret dreams to be able to go to the doctor and have them find a surprise pregnancy lol. I know it will never happen, but it's nice to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Infertility can sneak up on you in the weirdest places. We have been reading Cinderella stories from around the world, and several of them talk about how her parents longed for a child for a very long time, and the mother either dies of old age or in childbirth, or soon after. I never realized how prevalent it was in children's literature before!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.