WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let's get a little personal.

This afternoon I had the awkward pleasure of having my internal ultrasound done. My uterus is still aching. The ultrasound tech didn't say anything, so I don't have any new information to shed. I have my follow up appointment on Tuesday and I'll find out the results from my blood work and my ultrasound. That should be fun. I was googling pictures of what ovaries with cysts should look like and from what I remember I don't remember seeing anything like that on the screen as I was watching-but I also didn't really know what I was looking for either.

I wish she would've mentioned something- but I mean, she's just the tech- but she's gotta know something right?

Oh how I wish I was  looking at  a little baby inside my uterus rather than just an empty one.


10 comments:

  1. I understand the tech aren't supposed to say anything, but I wish they could give you a tiny hint. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny...I had one of those done today too. But, for a different reason & yes, I wish I had a baby growing inside also. If it makes you feel better, the techs really don't know a whole lot to tell you b/c they just have to capture certain images. I think they mainly just take measurements and report those. I found out today that I have another cyst so I have to go back in 8 weeks. Nothing serious, she just hopes it dissipates. Keep us posted on Tuesday!! blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I had this all planned out when I had mine. I came in, sweet talked the tech and then when she was doing the ultrasound I started asking questions, lots of them, like "What's that?" and "How do you know what you're looking at cuz it just looks like weird lumps?"
    And thus she started explaining everything to me and that's how I found out that things looked clear. :)

    I hope everything comes out good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is something that just feels wrong about ultrasounds on empty uteruses isnt there? I feel the same way every time I have one. I hope your next ultrasound is to look at a little baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, the dreaded internal ultrasound, let me tell you know much I hate those....

    I hate the fact that the techs can't say a single thing!!

    Sending you lots of baby dust!!!

    Happy ICLW!!
    #100

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck waiting for the results - I am always so impatient! Thankfully my RE does the u/s himself so I get instant gratification for one small thing. I hope everything checks out ok on Tuesday :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I'm mighty tired of seeing an empty uterus on the u/s screen. It's like, wow, how exciting to my freaking ovaries again...

    Anyway, hi!

    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a frustrating appointment. I hope you get through the waiting okay, and that you get good news on Tuesday.

    And can I say that I love the picture of the cuterus!

    (ICLW #123)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, visits with the dildocam. Delightful. AND a quiet tech. Even more delightful.

    I hope you don't have to wait too much longer to get a full report on what I hope is a very healthy, happy uterus.

    Best of luck in your journey!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that uterus is so cute!! I'm in love with it! I hope your results come back perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.