WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Welcome ICLW!



Hey everyone, I'm coming to you live from Niagara Falls, New York. We're visiting here for the day and let me just say, besides the falls this town is pretty funky. Its gross. If we come back we will stay on the Canada side for sure.

Anyways, if you're stopping by the first time, welcome! Feel free to look around and get to know me a little better.

Here's the cliffnote version of our story.

My name is Ashlee and I'm married to my sweetheart, Brian. We're currently on a quest to become parents. We've been "trying" for over a year and have recently started treatments. I have PCOS and am taking provera,metformin and femara. Today marks CD2 of my 2nd cycle on meds and if all works out according to plan I may or may not get the best Christmas present ever.

I try really hard to have a good attitude and keep a sense of humor about it all. I have faith that one day our miracle will happen.

So there you have it. I hope you like what you see and become a friend, id love to have you.

Happy ICLW ladies, I look forward to a wonderful week.

14 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great day trip!

    How are you doing with metformin? I had the hardest time with it. I couldn't remember to take it more than one a day and it was horrible on my tummy! I switched to Glumetza a few months ago and it has been amazing! I have taken it every single day! I am in the beginning of IVF #2 and hope that it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Niagara Falls is a cheesy/tacky town. The falls are amazing and it is too bad that they don't do more with it. I live about an hour away on the Canadaian side and it always shocks me that they don't do more with it. Don't get me wrong, hubby and spend a weekend there a couple times a year but it isn't I can't imagine traveling from a far and not being a bit dissapointed. We always manage to have lots of fun because I think when you are in an environment that is so cheesy it makes it easy to let loose and just have fun. We usually go to the casino have a couple of drinks and listen to the terrible cover band that is playing. We also treat ourselves to the KEG restaurant overlooking the falls (the view is amazing!!) and who doesn't love a great steak. Plus I usually drag hubby to a tourist trap (butterfly conservatory/outlet mall/imax theatre). Anyways have a great time and enjoy the distraction from cycle days and all that other fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Returning your ICLW visit. I sincerely hope that this cycle does bring you a wonderful Christmas present. I also hope all the meds are kind to you since I know they can be a bear to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to see Niagra falls. Interesting to hear about the town. That's one part I don't think I've ever really thought about. Someday I'll make it there, and probably smile thinking about reading this blog post! I'm doing the metformin and the femera for this cycle as well, but am about 6 days ahead of you. Here's hoping it works for both of us!

    Happy ICLW! Can't wait to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your trip & that you get the Christmas present you want the most! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Niagara Falls, but I've always wanted to. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go to Niagra Falls. It's just one of those things on my "to do" list.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rode my bike to Niagara Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard that Niagra Falls is cheesy- I have never been there myself though.

    Good luck with this upcoming cycle- fx for your christmas present ;)

    I also have PCOS, but have never been on metformin... this is my first injectible cycle with IUI, and if it doesn't work, I am thinking about asking my dr. to put me on it for next cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to go to Niagara Falls, and my son's best friend's family just moved to the NY side. The place looks "funky" in pictures, but I guess it really is, LOL. Unfortunately for us, we will have to go visit them eventually and just deal with the grossness for a few days.

    Anyway, I hope you get the most awesome Christmas present ever! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your story. And I LOVE your layout with the owls!! Happy ICLW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you get the Christmas present that you really want! Happy ICLW! Oh and for the record, the canada side of niagra falls is super super tacky... so i'm not sure if it is much of an improvement over the American side. The falls are beautiful either way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck to you on your journey.. both IF and the Niagra Falls. Having a positive attitude is so important!! #31 ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here from ICLW! Even though I live on the other side of the world (in NZ) I have actually been to Niagara Falls myself! I liked the Canadian side myself and had a ball there (really liked the maple syrup I purchased too!) Good luck with your IF journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.