WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WTF CSI.

Maybe you watched last night's CSI:Miami episode, maybe you were also a bit irritated at the way it made infertiles look like nut jobs. Not appreciated. At all.


The beginning of the episode shows a pregnant lady at lunch with her friend. Preggo asks her friend if she would plan her baby shower. Friend freaks out at her and says something like "How dare you ask me to do this after all I've been through. 3 years, 5 doctors." so on, so forth. Then preggo gets mad at friend because all the can think about is herself. Friend storms off and the next thing you know preggo is found bloody in a ditch in critical condition.

CSI's think that friend did the deed because she's jealous and they made comments about how "hormonal" she was. Friend joked about how preggo didn't even have to try, just had to look at her husband and they were pregnant.


My conclusion: One of the CSI writers is, or knows an inferty. They got it down perfect, but I still didn't appreciate how people were mocking the friend because she was jealous of preggo.


I'll be the first to admit that I get very jealous at the sight of a pregnant friend and would prefer to live in a world surrounded by either men, or old ladies so that I don't have to see every one's beautiful baby bumps. But I'd like to think that I would never go crazy on my friend at a restaurant if she asked me to plan her baby shower. I might just cry in the car on the way home.

But seriously CSI give us infertys some credit. We go through heart break after heart break, pay money for something that most people get for free and are reminded over and over again about what we don't have. It's a painful thing that we deal with and it just plain sucks. So give us some credit and stop making us look like crazies.


Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. That simply shows the ignorance of the writers on the show. Anyone that can mock someone who is going through infertility has obviously never been in that situation and can't know the heartbreak involved. Very agitating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very glad I did not see that one. It just makes me mad hearing it. Hi wound, how about a little salt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That episode was so not my favorite! I hate that we always look crazy on TV.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.