I lost a follower. Bummer.
I didn't mean to cause an uproar- I just needed to voice my opinion. I needed to vent and that's what this blog is for.
And after receiving another anonymous comment I just wanted to add something-
I do not have anything against women who can have babies. I'm just envious of you.
I don't think I could handle a pregnancy any better than you could- I just wish I had the opportunity.
I do think there are some of you who are totally ignorant to the fact that pregnancy is not so easy for everyone. But I realize that most women are compassionate and sensitive to the matter. And I appreciate that.
Some of my greatest support comes from my friends who all have kids. So please know, to those of you who read this that are not struggling with IF, I don't hate you. I'll admit that I'm jealous of you but that's it. There's no hurt feelings, and no bitterness. The moms that I know are awesome. I hope to be as great as you all some day.
I'm still here! I don't think that you've said anything that would piss anyone off. You were venting your emotions and this is your blog...so have at it. I've occasionally lost followers, and I wish I knew why. Happy Friday!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you have received such insensitive anonymous comments. This is your blog, and you should feel free to post whatever you want!
ReplyDeleteIt's your blog and you can vent if you want to.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've gained/lost followers over the past year. At first I used to take it personally when I lost someone, but then someone reminded me to not worry about that person who left, but to stay true to the people who come back time and again and continue to read your stuff.
I'm still here. :)
This is why I don't like the anonymous option. If you're going to say it - own it. (with your name attached)
ReplyDeleteI think that you handled it like a champ and you are a great shining example for those of us traveling along the same path.
Kudos!
First off- Its so easy for people who are idiots and mean to sit at their computer and not have the balls to say who they are and say crap like that. What a rediculous thing to say. obviously they have no clue about fertility and infertility.
ReplyDeleteAshlee you and Brian are amazing! I don't like the poor statement it makes it sound like they are giving pity towards you guys and people shouldn't be ashamed of infertility or the things they have to go through to get a baby. This is your blog. You get to say whatever you want because of that and you haven't said anything that would be offensive. mr anonymous is beyond lame. you guys are always in my prayers! I got hope for you guys! you two would be such great parents!
i am the anonymous "poor brian" commenter. i posted anonymously because i like to keep my personal issues private. i am not ashamed. it is something i choose to keep between my wife and me and "in the bedroom".
ReplyDeletehere are my credentials:
my wife and i tried to conceive for over a year before the doctor suggested i "ahem" in a cup. which resulted in azoospermia. imagine having to tell that to your wife, who wanted so badly to be a mother. to know the reason she faced so many negative p-tests was because of me. for the next few years, i faced almost monthly "ahem"ing in cups, in those awful rooms with the stupid couch and pornography on the table or tv, with the doctors and nurses right outside the door, all knowing exactly why i was in there. plus, i had to have testicular ultrasounds where a female tech had me sit spread eagle while she wanded my balls for an hour each time. then i had to have multiple doctors and med students (sometimes female) grope me while i stood there pantless while my wife had to watch on. when they finally came to a conclusion as to what probably was the cause, i faced a 5 hour surgery on my scrotum with a 20% success rate. and even if we were the lucky ones, we were told we would never be able to conceive naturally. i was out of work for 5-6 weeks to recover from the surgery. after this, more sperm count tests. then my "poor" wife had to go to the fertility doctor and face daily vaginal ultrasounds, daily multiple shots, and several other grueling physical exams, which cost $$$.
all this for a CHANCE to be parents.
i say "poor brian" because i know first hand what a male who suffers from infertility goes through. i'm the one who carries the burden. i'm the one who couldn't make my wife a mother. i assume brian is completely fine with yours and brian's struggles to be on a blog. i just wonder if he will feel the same if he comes to find out he is in the same boat as i am. i personally would not want to share it with the internet.
don't be so quick to judge.