WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poor Brian

Last night I received my first anonymous comment that rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't know what to do. Should I be mad, should I just brush it off, or comment back? Well obviously I chose choice three. After thinking about my response this is what I've got. So anonymous, this is for you- whomever you are.

Oh- this was their comment in response to my last TTC update: poor brian. now everyone with internet access knows that he has to go through that.

Yes, poor Brian. I wish i didn't have to make him go through that.

I wish we could just get pregnant like the other half of the population, but contrary to popular belief it takes more than just being in love and some little sassy time to make a baby.

In our case it has cost us hundreds of dollars in treatments this year alone. and it's only March.

We've cried thousands of tears every month when we realize our dream of being parents is still out of reach.

So yes, poor Brian.

I would hope that if you do know my husband in real life you would treat this matter with the up most sensitivity and discretion. I know that his friends will do that.

My blog is my blog. I am an advocate for infertility. I want to make the public aware of the difficulty and pain that affects every 2 out of every 10 couples. There are currently 2.1 million women who are struggling with their infertility.

So anonymous, yes- poor Brian. I hate that I can't make him a father. I hate that we don't get to have the exciting emotions that come along when couples "try" to have a baby. Because honestly, its not fun, and its not exciting when I've gotten over 20 negative pregnancy tests. We've been robbed of one of life's most beautiful things- so not only is it poor Brian. It's poor us.

But don't worry about us, because we have faith. and we know it will happen. We know that blogging about infertility invites our readers into our bedroom (basically) but if that's what it takes to take the ignorance out of baby making- then so be it.

4 comments:

  1. I would guess that "anonymous" is either a. immature, or b. hasn't spent much time in the bedroom themselves...or maybe both. I don't understand the "poor brian" in the sense they said it, as if he should be ashamed that everyone knows he has to "ahem in a cup" :)...it's rotten that either of you guys have to go through testing at all, but there's no shame in what he (or you) has to do...especially if it gets you one step closer to being parents. You guys are always in my prayers and you will rock at parenthood when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a comment from a guy. We are still hoping for the best for you guys and love you lots! I really hope 2011 brings about a new house and news of a your Baby Gibson to come! Love you tons and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people have way too much time on their hands!! Really...."poor Bryan"?? No offense to Brian or any man, my own hubby included, but a little happy time with a cup is enough to elicit that kind of reaction?? Where is my "poor Jess" for the multiple surgeries, countless shots and many, many tests?? I want someone to feel bad for me! For all of us that have to go through the pain of infertility. Yes, it is unfortunate that anyone, male or female, has to endure testing, but it is a medical procedure. I doubt she anonymous would have said "poor bryan" if you had said that he was having an EKG done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made my husband write a post all about it. How is that for exposure?!

    http://womb4improvement.blogspot.com/2009/10/he-speaks.html

    Frankly, if we are blogging and telling the world whenever we get impaled by a variety of medical instruments I can't see why we should pull a veil over what the guys have to do.

    So yeah poor Brian, and poor you and poor all of us who have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.