WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dr. Awesome

On Thursday I met with another Ob. He's super awesome. In the hour I was with him I felt more listened to than I did with the entire 6 months I was with my previous doctor. We talked in his office and made a plan of action. He sent me on my way with another prescription for Pro.vera and we're going to try Clo.mid this month. I'm pretty stoked. And, I get to go back in on cycle day 21 to see if I'm actually ovulating.

Awesome progress.

The financial aspect of this worries me though, and could use some advice from any of you who have gone through this before.

My insurance covers nothing for infertility- but since this was a visit with an OB, even though it was for an infertility consult shouldn't something be covered by my insurance? The doctor wants to find out why I'm not having a regular cycle- which is a very important part of women health- it just so happens to be important to baby making as well though. Thoughts? Should I prepare myself for a massive bill in my mailbox?

3 comments:

  1. My insurance doesn't cover anything for IF either. When I saw my OB/GYN for my initial "we've been trying to get pregnant for a year" appointment, she billed it to insurance as irregular menstrual cycles, so they covered it. Everything since then we've had to pay for out of pocket, including the Clomid prescription. However, Clomid is on the reduced cost list at Target and I was able to get my RX filled there for just $9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going to a different Dr and found one you like. Whether you will have to pay depends on how they bill it. My insurance covered some things and not others, and the RE billed it as OB not infertility so everything but copays was covered for me. I would call the billing department at the Dr's office, I'm sure they see this all the time and know how to do it. Crossing my fingers for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee, what doctor did you used to go to and which one are you going to now?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.