WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

The wonderful Keiko over at Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed 
wrote the most AMAZING post about Mother's Day. Check her out. Seriously. She's fabulous.

Mine wont be nearly as great as hers. So don't judge.

I've been an emotional wreck all week.
Mainly because I thought I was pregnant.
I mean, I really thought I was.
But I'm not.

I had dreams of this being my first Mother's Day.
What a great week to find out we're expecting.
But we're not.
I'm numb to this feeling.

But then I read this quote from another blog. (which I can't remember which one! Sorry)

"We're all mothers. Some of us just haven't met our babies yet."

And as I read that quote probably 50 times tears rolled down my face.
I am a mother in training.
I may not have a baby in my arms.
I may not be helping my kiddos with their homework.
Or tucking them into bed.
Or kissing their boo-boos.

But I already love them more than anything.
I've already prayed for them a million times or more.
I talk with them.
I dream about them.
I think about them daily.

So however it comes to be, whether you like it or not.
I am a mom. I just haven't met my babies yet.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL LADIES OUT THERE.
ALL OF YOU.
SERIOUSLY.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm wishing I could sleep through tomorrow and ignore it's existence!! Thinking of you!!!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a mother!! To your own that you haven't met yet, but also to those little kidney beans you teach every day! Happy Mothers' Day to YOU Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote! When the times come for you to meet your babies, your heart will feel like it's bursting out of you! I hope you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true.
    Most are just still waiting.
    I Love you and I hope no woman has to wait too long.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.