okay so brian is on a man playdate with his bestie named jordan.
so i get to watch my instant que movies that brian wont watch.
i chose "my girlfriends boyfriend"
maybe you've seen it. thoughts?
well allow me to totally spoil it for you.
watch the trailor first.
okay. now just a brief rundown. Ethan loves kids. There's scenes showing how awesome he is with his niece and nephew. He talks about how he wants a family.
The brother keeps hinting that there is something that Jess needs to tell Ethan. Well- want to take a guess at what it is?
She's infertile!! That is why her husband divorced her. And now she's got a chip on her shoulder and doesn't want to stay with Ethan because she cannot make him a father. The ending is quite cute. Ethan says that she will be a mother however it can happen. It's quite tender.
But random, no?
I've addressed this fear with Brian. I've had dreams where he's left me to marry someone with better quality ovaries. He assures me it will never happen and that he thinks my ovaries are sexy just the way they are.
But really- Hollywood. Such a risky plunge dont ya think? Don't get me wrong though. I applaud your riskiness.
So all in all it was a twist in the plot that I kind of saw coming. But am kind of confused about the movie. I think Ethan is the only one she is dating and the other scenes are just parts of the book that he wrote. So it's kind of like Fight Club but with love. Maybe? Possibly?
I don't know. I'd love to discuss this further with anyone else who has seen it.
I know this came out last year and I'm pretty sure it might have went right to dvd, or instant que for that matter- but I want to talk about it now. So please- someone watch it- so we can chat.
It sure is ironic. I am resting today because of my embryo transfer and I am going to see if I can order it on my cable box. Hopefully we can discuss it soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm always surprised when I see a movie with infertility in it. I always point it out to my husband, "did you see that? did you notice that...?"
ReplyDeleteDid you see the movie Up?
Very Interesting I really liked the movie it totally throws you for a loop at the end cause the whole time she is dating 2 guys and i loved her and Ethan together and what not but i really liked it. she said stuff that i have thought about alot but I know its not true. i loved how he mentioned adoption he was totally fine because he loved her...i asked lance if he knew ahead of time what we had to go through would he still have married me and he said i wouldn't change a thing i like it just the way it is. I wish she explained just why she can't have kids but alot of the times we don't have answers and thanks for telling me about this movie i really liked it how about you Ash?
ReplyDelete