WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

HSG

 I've reached the next step. 
Medicine does not work for me. At all. 
Next step, HSG.

I'm terrified. 
Thinking about it makes me want to vomit. 

I would LOVE to hear from any of you who have had one done and what has happened since then. 

You all are my rock. I wish I could just hug you all. 
Speaking of- are there any ladies here from Arizona? I'd love to get a little group together to meet for dinner sometime.

8 comments:

  1. I had an HSG done in November. I was nervous, too. I had heard that it could hurt a little bit.
    I don't want to add to your fear, but it was uncomfortable.
    It wasn't unbearable, but it was definitely not a breeze, either.
    You'll feel cramping when they put the dye in. And then for the rest of the day you may have some cramping. I had cramping for a few days and some spotting.
    When is your HSG scheduled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one myself, I felt a teeny bit of cramping but then was good to go after that, no residual pain or anything. I didn't even cramp like some girls do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was not too bad. I do have one blocked tube and I had heard that it could be very painful if the tube was blocked but that was not the case. While it is not fun I found it to be pretty easy, much like a pap. I took a few advil before and that may have helped.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My HSG was NO fun. It wasn't the worst pain I've ever been in, but I certainly don't want to do it again. There was a good deal of cramping and spotting for the next few days. I would highly recommend telling your doctor (the one who ordered the test) that you would like something to take before the HSG. If that doesn't work, then take some some Advil. Take someone with you (I had my DH) who you can talk to or squeeze their hand...it does help.

    I hope yours is a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an HSG done a few years ago. I highly recommend 800mg of Motrin about an hour before you go in. After the procedure I didn't cramp, which I completely credit to the Motrin! I was VERY nervous too. And rightfully so. It is not comfortable. In fact, I thought it felt like the worst cramps I've ever had. And take Rain Child's advice. Have someone there that you can squeeze their hand. My hubby had school that day so I asked the nurse to stand in. She was very supportive. I suffered from unexplained infertility and my HSG was inconclusive, but it is a good idea for crossing possible reasons off your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - I've since had my baby girl. (I got pregnant 2 years after my HSG) Keep your head up! It will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an HSG when we were trying to figure out why we couldn't get pregnant and again before our first IVF cycle which resulted in our twins. I recommend taking the day off work and taking some medicine before. I was on my own and found it to be uncomfortable but not unbearable like some previous posters. My doctor was great at explaining everything and showing me the screen with the dye running through my tubes. I was relieved to see my tubes were clear and her words were encouraging which may have helped distract me and ease the pain. I went on my own, but if you can get your hubby to go with you, do so! You will survive it...and knowing the results will be worth the few minutes of the procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely take the day off, have Brian there to hold your hand, take some extra strength motrin and don't turn down pain killers if they're offered :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.