WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

fundraising.

So we all know that Brian and I are currently in the midst of raising funds for operation: baby. and it stresses me out from time to time. Its difficult asking people for money. Especially when that money will be funding the creation of our offspring. It's uncomfortable to be honest. But man, we are so grateful for the help. But it's hard not to feel in debt to everyone that has donated.

I emailed out a link to our gofund and a quick blurb about our cookie fundraiser at work and got an email back from admin saying that they got several complaints and that my email made people feel uncomfortable. That was not my intention whatsoever and now I can't help but think about who complained about me every time I'm at work. It makes me feel sick to my stomach every time I think about it. I forget sometimes that infertility is a touchy subject to others and I would never intentionally make anyone uncomfortable.

 so thats that.

Talking about infertility is awkward and uncomfortable, for everyone. Asking for money to help with our infertility is even more awkward and uncomfortable   But seriously though, thanks so everyone who has been wonderful and who have been so supportive and who has helped make this awkward situation a little less awkward. we love you.

3 comments:

  1. uh...aca-awkward.

    I say, keep up the fund-raising (& baby-making) efforts! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry someone complained about it. The insensitivity of some people is just shocking at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awkward asking for donations, but at the same time, people should respect why you are fundraising. If they are not interested, they don't have to donate, but they shouldn't make a big deal about it. Sorry that the whole situation has made it uncomfortable for you at work.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.