WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

blessings in disguise.

So when I started my blog 4 years ago I was pretty nervous about talking about our struggles to get pregnant. It's a personal subject and I know that it makes people uncomfortable. I decided that educating people would be better than allowing people to assume the worst about us and so this blog was born.

I am not sure who even reads this blog, most people don't comment but I'm guessing that some people are out there. Our blog address was listed on our wedding thank you cards so we definitely put it out there but who knows who is still around reading about our lives. It is pretty boring sometimes.

So I've been quite comfortable discussing our infertility issues online because it's easy to hide behind a computer screen and say what I wish I could say out loud.

Well, today that changes.

I was at work setting up my classroom when I got a call from channel 15 wanting to interview Brian and I. Face to face. In our home. Yikes.

So as I rushed home to get ready my mind raced with questions that I thought would be asked.

As soon as the reporter arrived, who was super nice by the way, he started setting up and we chatted. I got my mic on and sat in the chair and we got started. I quickly learned that I am not an eloquent speaker and I missed the comfort of my blog. I also learned that I say the word "awkward" alot, but that's expected when you're asking the public to help get you pregnant, right?

He interviewed Brian and I separately and I am so proud of how well Brian did. My husband is not a speaker at all and is typically pretty shy and reserved. To hear him talk about how badly he wants to be a dad was just the best and a memory that I will keep forever.

So our story will be on the news tonight. For everyone to watch. I'm nervous about the haters, I know there will be people who think we are absolutely ridiculous to be doing this but I'm hoping that the positive outweighs the bad.

I'm hoping that people will understand that fertility treatments are expensive. That this a real burden that a lot of couples face. We are so blessed to have learned about gofundme.com and we can only hope that raising this money will help us reach our ultimate goal of becoming a family.


3 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you both. I went to school with your beautiful mom, and as I've read your story, I've wept tears for your struggles, and felt joy at your triumphs. I can't wait until that lil baby happens because I would love to feel some elation on behalf of you and yours. With huge amounts of love and respect at the courage you have in wading through a very "awkward" time- you have opened a door that many couples have probably wished they could have unlocked. Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to post the link so we can watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!!!!! Ill have to go find the interview. Very cool stuff going on for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.