Anyways. Fast forward to 6am. I was getting out of bed for the millionth time and as soon as I stood up my water broke. I woke Brian up, we got ready and we were on our way to the hospital. It was the longest ride of my life. I felt every stupid bump on Ironwood and was pretty sure that I was going to give birth right there on the side of the road. My contractions were strong and really close together.
We got to the hospital at 6:30. They weren't convinced that my water had broke and I was only dilated to a 2. She was sunny side up (the back of her head was pushing on my spine) so they wanted me to walk around to see if I could get her to flip and to help my cervix drop. Let me tell you- that idea sucked. Walking was awful. Stopping every minute to hold onto the wall during contractions was awful. Fact- contractions suck. I'm a wuss and was ready to call it quits. The nurse came back after running a third test to confirm that my water did in fact break (um duh?!) and I was officially admitted into labor and delivery.
I got my epidural, which was literally heaven, and was able to finally get some sleep while they waited for me to progress further along. At about 11:00 I was fully dilated and ready to go. Henley's heart rate kept dropping during contractions so they were watching me really closely. Once I started pushing they noticed that she was too wide for my pelvis. I pushed for about 45 minutes and then they decided that a c-section would be best so that Henley didn't get stuck and have her heart rate fall.
We got ready for the c-section and were off to the operating room.
Once we were in there it all went pretty fast. I laid there on the table, arms outstretched and waited for Brian. He came in, sat by my head and we just waited anxiously for our daughter to be born. After about 10 minutes I heard the most amazing sound- my daughter, my sweet miracle baby's first cry. Brian and I looked at each other and shared one of my favorite moments.
Henley Elle Gibson was born at 1:55pm on September 20th. 8lbs 9oz of pure perfection. 22 inches long.
{our first family pic}
Since that moment my heart has been full. My life feels complete. I cannot remember what my life was like before meeting my daughter. She was worth the wait. Every tear. Every frustrating moment. Every emotional breakdown that I had the past six years- worth it. She was worth it all.
We've settled into our lives as a family of 3. She is a great baby. A decent sleeper and an excellent pooper.
She is my whole world.
and I couldn't be happier.



So so so so so so sweet!!! I'm so thrilled for you, Ashlee!!!! So glad everything turned out well for you and you have your miracle baby! thanks for sharing your beautiful experience and miracle with us.
ReplyDeleteMy heart was so full from the moment you told me of your pregnancy! I've waited those long 6 years for you and Brian knowing that someday your baby would come! It truly is the most strongest love around! I'm so grateful for the 2 of you that met, fell in love, & now a family of 3! ❤️
ReplyDeleteSo, so happy for y'all! She is beautiful! Parental advice: Photos are great, but take as many videos as you can. You will treasure being able to hear her little grunts, cries, laughter, etc. I mostly used my cell phone (back then-almost 9 yrs ago-you could only do 15 second videos), but they are 15 seconds of pure joy. I love all my pics, but the videos are simply priceless and I wish I would've taken hundreds more!
ReplyDeleteI 💚 you guys! Henley is gorgeous! So so happy for you two!
ReplyDelete