WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's amazing how you can see right through my heart.

Wow, what a week this has been. I sick and tired of cancer. I know too many people with it and it is breaking my heart. We just found out that my father-in-law has colon cancer. ugg. seriously though, leave my family alone cancer! My friend David's sister, Ashleigh, just passed away on Monday from colon cancer. She left behind a husband and four sweet children. I'm a wreck over this. I don't handle death well, even if I don't know them. When somebody passes away it makes me realize just exactly how much I love the people around me and how much I need to tell them every day how much they mean to me. It makes me anxious to start my own family and it makes me anxious to fast forward to the future. So as of late, obviously, I have been an emotional wreck. It's ridiculous. I hate crying, it stains my eyes red for like a day. And then to top things off for the week I've had the stomach flu for the past 4 days- SICK! Whenever I get sick I always think I'm pregnant. It's just a natural reaction to my pain.

I lead a very stressful life you see. :-)

School is going great actually- the semester is half over and I have not pulled my hair out yet. My practicum is going well, I miss my kiddos, since I was sick I havent seen them in over a week! I can't wait to see them this coming week.

My sister turns 13 next week. I can't believe it. I won't believe it. It will make me cry to realize just how grown up she is.

Oh- FYI! Brian is the BEST husband ever. While I was sick he took care of me so well. He brought me flowers home and made me food, took me to get soup and he let me lay on the couch and sulk in self pitty all without him complaining about how gross I looked. I think I'll keep him.

2 comments:

  1. you are wonderful my sweet ashlee. Life is so full of challenges, but in the end it will all make sense and we will look back at our lives and say, What were we all worried about? I appreciate having you as my Brian's wife. Its hard to see our love ones hurt, but think of all joys that our loves ones have giving us. Think of all the joys we get to have while we are on this earth. thank you Heavenly Father. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most awesome thing to learn is that you have such a sweet and loving personality. You bring comfort and peace to others around you (even when you feel yucky) So the cool thing is that I hope I can be there if you ever need a uplift, cause.. what a awesome thing it would be to lift an angel's wing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.