WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Birthday Island Resort!

I have the BEST husband ever. Now let me explain to you why...

Today was my "birthday" celebration with Brian. My actual birthday is on Monday, but there's not much that can be accomplished on a Monday. So... this is what he did. Last night before I went to bed he gave me a piece of paper that said;

You are currently flying at an altitude of 25000 feet above sea level and are currently headed towards destination Birthday Island, home of the Birthday Island Resort. We have about 8 more hours of flight left so why don't you try to get some rest. Your day begins at 9:00 am tomorrow. Oh and before you turn in be sure to charge your camera. Enjoy your sleep and the rest of the flight

So that was that. I went to bed and woke up and read this.

Here at the Birthday Island Resort we make it our business to make sure that you have the most wonderful stay. Here at the island you are in charge. It is a place to relax, have fun , laugh and be at peace. What is so special about this particular resort? We at Birthday Island love surprises and don't feel that a birthday is truly a happy birhtday without surprises. So all your activities and destinations will be unknown to you until you see and experience it for yourself. We hope you have a very happy birthday and please enjoy yourslef. Welcome to Birthday Island!!

So Brian woke me up promptly at 9:00 a.m. Well his alarm on his phone did which he placed right next to my face. :-) The house smelled delicious!!! He made fresh hashbrowns, eggs and turky bacon and we had orange juice to drink. When I sat down at the table I saw these;



I had mentioned when we were at Trader Joe's last week that I loved orchids.. and he listened and got me this white one. It's beautiful!

After breakfast I got to read the next page in my itinerary it said:

Yum! My compliments to the chef. Chef Brian is a favored member of our hard working staff. He specializes in making comfort food that is both different yet close to home. All the meals prepared for you will be cooked by chef Brian so look forward to another delicious meal. Now that breakfast is over please get ready for the day. We have a whole day of fun and exciting things to do so let the chef know that you're done with you meal. Get yourself ready and be inside the lobby at 10 a.m where your shuttle bus driver Brian will take you to your first activity for the day.
So I got ready and we were off by 10! When we got in the car I got to read the next page and it said;
We're off to the movies! Yippee Horay! Please open up the first of your sealed envelopes and read off the movies that you can watch. After you read what's inside, fill out the document and turn them into the driver and Brian will take you to your proper destination. Oh, and there is a little something else that will make this movie watching experience a little different than usual.


So I opened up the envelope and there was a list of movies for me to choose from. I chose The Men Who Stare at Goats. Then at the bottom of my paper I had to choose a letter. I chose "a" and that meant that I had won a $15 shopping spree at Target.. only catch was was that I had to get at least 3 items.. this is what i got:
4 pairs of socks, some sharpies, body wash, phase 10 card game and a deck of cards.

So that was fun and the movie was great!
After that I got to read my next page from my itinerary. It said;
Don't you just love the movies? Great movies affect us so much. They have the ability to make one cry. They have the ability to make somone laugh so hard they forget all of life's problems. Some movies can frighten or disturb you. Other movies will leave you in absolute awe and ooh with stunning effects and music. But no matter what type of movie you see all great moveis do something to everyone. They make us HUNGRY. So without wasting anymore of your time open up your next sealed envelop and see what is next in your fun filled day. Bon Appetit!


So I opened up the envelope and I got to choose where I wanted to eat. I chose Pita Jungle because I've always wanted to try it and my brother in law Brandon told us it was great. So we ate there and it was delish!!
After lunch I got to read the next part and see what I would be doing next. It said;

Wow! Another spectacular meal. Can this day get any better? We know it can, and it will. By now you've had a delicious breakfast, an entertaining movie, and a satisfying lunch. Why don't you try a more physical activity. We thought maybe a park would be a great place to sit, walk and breath the fresh air. Enjoy the view and sounds of the world. Oh and if you see any ducks, be sure to share your happy day with them. They want to celebrate your day too. See you in a bit and have a good time at the Freestone Park. Quack!!

So we go to Freestone and Brian takes out some bird feed from the trunk. (Quick mini-lesson. Don't feed ducks bread or crackers. It makes the have the runs, GROSS. There is duck feed you can buy at any pet store. It's pretty cheap and lasts longer than bread and they like it more.) Then we found a good spot and started feeding away!
Then after that we were very thirsty so we stopped at QT and got some drinks. Then I got to read what was going to happen next, it said;
Whew! Wasn't that fun! don't those ducks just brighten up your day? Speaking of brighten up, bet that sun must have been beating down on you. Let Brian take you back to the resort and there you can cool down and truly relax. You can enjoy a cool drink, sit in a comfy spot and read, take a nap and let the breeze flow through your window, or treat yourself to our resort massage parlor. Our very own Brian will take you in and work on your tired muscles and joints with his one of a kind massage. Ooooh that's the spot!


So we went home and Brian gave me an awesome massage and then I took a nap. I woke up just in time to read my next page from my itinerary. This is what I looked like when I woke up, I was still so sleepy!!
This is what I read next;
Our time is almost to an end. You've done a lot today and we are quite positive that you have had a very happy birthday so far. The best way to end the tour is to once again taste the wonderful food that chef Brian so loves to make. He has dedicated tonights meal just for you. You are going to order what you would like and chef brian will be honored to prepare it for you.Open up your last sealed envelope and complete your dinner order. Hand it to the chef once you're done. Come and get it!

Thank you so much for visiting us at the Birthday Island Resort. For the remainder of your time here you may do what you want. Rent out a movie from our library or go on a walk on one of our many trails. Treat yourself to a much deserved desert at one of the many hotspots on the island. Remember to let the shuttle bus driver Brian know if you would like to go anywhere and he'll gladly take you there. Have any ideas we haven't thought of? If you do please let us know and it will be done. We are here for you. Our founder Mr.Gibson would like to presonally send his thanks. Good Night!
Then Brian (Mr.Gibson) wrote me the sweetest note ever, and made me cry. He's such a sweetheart. I love him so incredibly much.


Well I decided to end the night with some ice cream from cold stone. Brian and I have been on a healthy diet for about 2 weeks now and we haven't had any sugar so I really wanted some yummy sugar.
So that was my birthday!!! I told you that I have the BEST HUSBAND EVER!!!


oh. and for my actual birthday party he got me a Nixon watch. its white and has lots of "diamonds" all over it. All teachers need a watch, so he got me one. and I love it!















I opened the envelope and got to choose from a list of my favorite foods. I chose Brian's most delicious turkey spaghetti, bruchetta and fresh grean beans. It was soooo good!After dinner I got to read the last page from my travel itinerary. It said:

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time. I was so excited to watch Brian as he prepared this unique gift and to see how much he loves you while watching him as he put this together.

    HOW NEAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Brian is a great husband. You guys are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a GREAT birthday surprise present! Brian is so creative. Plus he looks to be a really good cook. I'm glad you had such a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to show... when you take the best ingredients and put them together you can make something beautiful, lovely, delicious and awesome! The two of you make one incredible Recipe! Happy Birthday Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Brian is very creative! He put a lot of thought into it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.