My mom took my little sister, Chanea to the doctor today- she's been sick for like 3 weeks now. They did some blood work and ran some tests and found out that she has congestive heart failure. Her cerebral palsy is getting really bad, really fast and that she will most likely be in a wheelchair in a few months if not sooner. We've always known about the possibility of her being in a wheelchair but we didn't think it would be this soon, and we didn't think that it would be because of her heart. Her iron levels are so low that if she were to get a cut she could possibly bleed to death. She has to stop doing her Taekwondo (she was so close to being a black belt!!!) and has to basically just stop being a kid. And while she's doing that we get to just sit around and wait for her heart to stop.
I told you it was crappy.
Now, I'm not one to be a downer, I really know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us all and that when that day comes, which hopefully will be 100 years from now, when it is her time she will be perfect and will be able to do everything that she wont be able to do in a wheelchair. I know that she won't be in any pain any more.
So, this basically sucks. I'm trying to just focus on the present and not think about the what if and could bes in the future. I'm just going to concentrate on loving my sister and just being there for her for whatever she needs. Will I still pick on her? Of course!! That's what sister's are here for right! But will I ever leave the house without telling her that I love her? Absolutely not.

So, have you hugged your sibling today? Have you told them that you love them? Because you should, because you really don't know how lucky you are.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Sweet Ashlee, You are a awesome Big Sister! There is a thought that your little sister will take care of you too! I love my sisters (brothers too) And yes, that relationship with our sister(s) is very special! I guess you can say, it is because of my sister that we know you! And I'll pick on you!
ReplyDeletelove you!
ReplyDelete