WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Faith..

Brian and I have been trying really hard to read our scriptures and say our prayers every night. I was inspired by the visiting teaching message this month and am trying very hard to study and learn more from the scriptures. I have this handy little app on my phone that puts a different scripture of my phone screen every day. We've been using those scriptures as a guide for us to study. I don't do well with just reading straight through. I need a topic. So we've been doing that, and it's been rocking. I love the way I feel when I read them, and reading them with my hubby has made it that much more special. The topic that keeps coming up is faith. This is how I know that Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways. If I need to keep reminding myself about anything, it's faith. I keep questioning and getting frustrated about so many things. I keep thinking so many things are impossible and nothing is going to go right for me. But then I remember to have faith and I feel so much better.

Ether 12:6
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

I have faith that:
* I will be able to get pregnant. (infertility suuuucks.)
* I will get a teaching job THIS YEAR!
* Brian will get his promotion that is long over due (sometime soon hopefully)

It's hard, I'll admit that I struggle with these things every day, some more than others. I give myself hot flashes over them. Does that ever happen to you? Like when someone asks you a question and you werent listen so you're embarassed and everyone is looking at you.. yeah, that type of hot flash.
 
Ether 12:30- For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved; wherefore thou workest after men have faith.
 
faith first. results later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ashley! This is a beautiful post! Please know that we will be praying for you guys in everything! Good luck and if you ever need anything, let us know! Miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.