WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 23: A Youtube Video + More!



This is a great post! It's my 100th blog post, huzzah. Today is also my 1st wedding anniversary! Oh em gee. :-) I chose this YouTube video because we just saw this move ( and loved it) and I love Colbie Caillat so this song is now the newest member of my itunes family. This movie was too cute and I suggest that girls everywhere go see it. And guys can too, Brian enjoyed it. It only has a few terribly corny parts, but hey- its a chick flick! AMC has new prices too- Monday- Thursday its 5.25 ALL DAY! and then 5.25 before noon on the weekend! Sweet deal.

So I can't believe that this year has gone by so quickly! Marriage life has been such an adventure and am so excited for the eternity we get to spend with each other. It honestly feels like just yesterday that I was anxiously awaiting my wedding day. Our engagement was longer than most, 9 months to be exact. We were waiting for my dear ol' dad to come home on leave from his tour in Iraq. It was worth the wait, I wouldn't have wanted him to miss it.

Our wedding day was the most amazing day. It was a hot day, about 100 degrees. Our sealing time was for 9:00 so we started taking pictures at about 10-10:30. I felt more beautiful that day, then I ever have. It was everything that I had dreamed of. After pictures we had a delicious  lunch made by wonderful Mama Gibson and my lovely aunts and uncles. Soup in bread bowls. Yummy. I loved having all of the people that I love most in one room, talking, laughing and smiling. It was perfect.  I only wished that more of my family couldve been there. But, I understood of course and I love them just the same.

After the luncheon we had about 5 hours until the ring ceremony. Brian and I hung out, lounged and enjoyed relaxing before our crazy night.

The ring ceremony was beautiful. I was so glad that all of the people I love so much were able to be apart of it. Even though Austin (the best man) was late, and I almost killed him- it was still perfect.

I loved my reception. Our receiving line was almost 2 hours long and we had to still cut people off! I was overwhelmed by the love and the congratulations that we were getting from all of the people we care most about. I loved talking with everyone, and dancing with my husband. It was a beautiful evening that I will remember forever..except the part when we went to leave and saw how HORRID our car was decorated. I try to block that part out. We left our reception, went straight to the car wash (I'm telling you it was horrible, I almost killed like 8 people) went to QT, then fillibertos, and then came home watched Malcom in the Middle, took showers, and well.. you know the rest. *wink-wink*

The next morning we went and opened up presents at my moms house. My grandparents were leaving that afternoon and wanted to be apart of it. It was fun, and we got so many wonderful gifts and cards. I am still in shock over the amount of lovin we got! Thank you everyone!

We honeymooned in Sedona, and loved it. All in all, our life has been a fairy tale together- just like I'd hoped it would be.



See some wedding pictures right here!

This past year has rocked!

We went to Comic Con and Universal Studios in July! That was so much fun! We had a wonderful time. We went on a stay cation in August and loved that too! We went on lots of dates, and double dates and just enjoyed being married!

We  also enjoyed going to the movies on Saturday mornings and going to the park and feeding the ducks. We often went out for breakfast and are regulars at Pita Jungle. We've learned lots about each other and have yet to strangle each other in our sleep. That's a sure sign, right?

What Ashlee <3s about Brian:
  • He cooks for me.
  • He's really cute when he gets angry after loosing Call of Duty.
  • He plans dates for me.
  • He lets me sleep in.
  • He puts my clothes away.
  • He plays Mario Brothers Wii with me even though I always "bubble it" and kill us.
  • He married me. <3
What Brian <3s about Ashlee:
  • She wears cute dresses.
  • She brings me snacks when she picks me up from work.
  • She's adventurous.
  • She lets me play video games.
  • She cooks for me. It's cute.
And hopefully this time next year we will have a little baby to welcome into our family. <3

1 comment:

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.