Hmm. I'm not a fan of these 'whatever tickles your fancy' topics. c'mon! Give me something to blog about. Well maybe since I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary, I will blog about how Brian proposed. Its my favorite story to tell.
Rewind to October 18th, 2008.
Brian and I decided in about August of 2008 that we wanted to go on just a day trip. We originally planned on going to the Grand Canyon, but then once we considered how suckish that drive would be, we changed our mind. Brian suggested we go to Sedona, and after looking at one picture I was sold. I couldn't wait. The weeks ticked away and when it was finally approaching everyone started telling me that Brian was going to propose that weekend. Pshh. I doubted it. Yes, we had talked about marriage, but like- we didn't like agree on it. So I didn't think he was going to so I stopped thinking about it.
The day finally came and we were off to Sedona, AZ. Our first stop once we got there was Montezuma's Castle. Click here for more information about it. It was beautiful.
Our next stop was Montezuma's Well. Click here for more information on that. The well was also beautiful, and we hiked down a bit and saw the trees, and plants and just really enjoyed the scenery. Luckily there was a man just randomly down at the bottom just waiting to take our picture.
Then we ventured on to lunch, a yummy picnic of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that we packed. We at at one of those outlook places. So we looked at a bunch of trees. It was amazing. True beauty at its finest.
Then we made our way into the city of Sedona. Brian seemed to be getting a little fussy. After about 15 minutes of driving around and NOT finding a parking spot, we decided to just leave. Brian was pretty grumpy and I didn't see what the big problem was anyway- I had no clue that we were on a time schedule.(but apparently we were racing the sunset). So on our way out of town Brian suggested that we stop at one more of those lookout places and watch the sunset. I agreed and once we pulled in the parking lot he told me that he had finished the present that he was making for me. (He had told me months earlier that he was going to make me something). I was thrilled and then he pulled out a book that he had made called "Love Story". He told me I had to read the book out loud and as silly as I thought that was, I agreed and started reading. The story was a fairy tale children's story that Brian had written and illustrated about us. I was the princess and he was the knight. It talked about how the princess and the knight met, and how they loved each other very much. It talked about how they went to Sedona and how the knight had something very important to ask the princess. I flipped to the last page and it showed the knight down on one knee proposing to the princess and then I looked over and Brian, my knight in shining armor was down on one knee and he asked me to marry him. I was in shock! I had no clue, I'm so silly and thought that the book was just a book. I of course said "Yes" and we hugged and kissed and I jumped up and down and admired my ring and then hugged and kissed some more. Then we began to call our families.
Our first picture as an engaged couple.
It was incredible. I couldn't have asked for a better proposal. I have read the book 100 times at least and can't wait to share it with our kiddos someday. I'm so grateful to have married such a wonderful man. He's my Mr.Wonderful.



that is such a sweet proposal story! i love proposal stories :) that's awesome you have that book to look at and remember that day by :)
ReplyDelete