WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Faith and Prayer.

Happy Sunday. I need your help.

I've been reading a TON of blogs for ICLW and have come across some people that have had terrible things happen to them, their babies, families, etc.

A hot topic has been prayer. They ask what is the point of prayer. Why pray to a God that didn't answer your prayers before to protect their loved ones, so whats the point in praying now..it didn't work then, why would it work now. Now, I know why I pray and I feel that prayer does wonders for me in my life. I don't want this to be a big debate on religion or anything. I just want to hear from people how you feel that prayer has helped in your life. Or do you think it didn't help.

I know a lot of people that have struggled with terrible things, but their love for their Heavenly Father has never been stronger.

Does anyone have a personal experience with a hardship that they would like to share, and tell me how prayer HELPED you. I would love to have some examples when I share with people my views on prayer.

I know Heavenly Father didn't want your child to die. I know that he didn't want your Mom to get cancer. I know that he didn't want you to have a miscarriage.I know Heavenly Father wants me to be a Mom. I know Heavenly Father wants this world to be a happy, beautiful place. Not a place full of liars, killers and thieves.

 I know that you prayed to Him every night for a miracle to help with your pain.. I know it didn't work.  Were you mad at God? Did you pray for a miracle, or did you pray for comfort?

How do people who have been through a terrible misfortune still come out on top with their testimonies stronger then ever?

I don't know if this is making sense. I would just love to hear what everyone else has to say about it.

8 comments:

  1. So here we go, prayer has been a strength in my life, a huge strength. Many times my Heavenly Father has answered my prayers just the way I wanted Him to, and many times He has not. Heavenly Father does not create suffering, does not make people do bad things, does not sickness, illness, hurt and death. Those are things that happen because of humanity being what it is. The only way Heavenly Father could prevent them, is to prevent us from coming to this earth. If that were the case, we would not mourn our mother, we would have no mother to mourn. We would not long for children, because we would never have bodies to create them. We would not be searching for jobs, because we would have no increase in life, we would be stuck, and none of us wanted that. CAN Heavenly Father save us, heal us, make miracles happen, of course. And sometimes he does, but other times that is not where the road leads. Even our Savior Jesus Christ, who had every ability to save Himself, allowed evil men to take him, torture him, and kill him, for He knew that the painful journey would be but a moment, and lead to an eternity of joy. Even as he atoned for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, all mortal men left his side, and all He had with Him during that utmost of all trials, was prayer. That atonement not only gave us the opportunity to repent of our sins, but ensures us that all that all that we have to suffer in this mortal life, will be made up for one hundrendfold. Every sorry, for every reason, will be made right in the eternities, if we have the faith to believe in that greatest of rewards, even though we cannot see hear smell or taste it, it is the realest of all things. All our roads lead to joy. We will all pass through trials, and we will all experience miracles. Prayer gives us the ability to know and feel the love and support our Father in Heaven is sending us. Prayer helps us acknowledge that the miracles we have received are from one who loves us more than we know. As we all love our children, and hurt for them, miss them, long for them, our Heavenly Father does for us, even more so. If we cannot feel that, if we do not know that, then that is true suffering. The atonement Christ made, when He suffered for our sins, was not as simple as some may think. He ensured that all wrongs would be made right, everything that was unfair would be fair, and everything taken from us would be given back tenfold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very valid point. I think that when it comes to pregnancy and loss there is a certain amount of faith that everyone has. But at the same time, when bad things happen to innocent babies it can question your faith immensly. At least that is how it is in my case.

    Prayer does help. Im walking proof. The doctors didnt want to do the cerclage for me because I didnt have enough cervix left. They left the decision up to me. Choice 1) Do nothing and deliver within a few days. Choice 2) Do the cerclage risk infection or rupture of membranes. Both of those choices wouls have resulted in death for my baby.

    I prayed. I asked others to pray. We chose option 2. And here I am 6 weeks later with a viable baby still snuggled inside me. It filled me with faith.

    I hope that prayer works for you. I will keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here we go, prayer has been a strength in my life, a huge strength. Many times my Heavenly Father has answered my prayers just the way I wanted Him to, and many times He has not. Heavenly Father does not create suffering, does not make people do bad things, does not sickness, illness, hurt and death. Those are things that happen because of humanity being what it is. The only way Heavenly Father could prevent them, is to prevent us from coming to this earth. If that were the case, we would not mourn our mother, we would have no mother to mourn. We would not long for children, because we would never have bodies to create them. We would not be searching for jobs, because we would have no increase in life, we would be stuck, and none of us wanted that. CAN Heavenly Father save us, heal us, make miracles happen, of course. And sometimes he does, but other times that is not where the road leads. Even our Savior Jesus Christ, who had every ability to save Himself, allowed evil men to take him, torture him, and kill him, for He knew that the painful journey would be but a moment, and lead to an eternity of joy. Even as he atoned for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, all mortal men left his side, and all He had with Him during that utmost of all trials, was prayer. That atonement not only gave us the opportunity to repent of our sins, but ensures us that all that all that we have to suffer in this mortal life, will be made up for one hundrendfold. Every sorry, for every reason, will be made right in the eternities, if we have the faith to believe in that greatest of rewards, even though we cannot see hear smell or taste it, it is the realest of all things. All our roads lead to joy. We will all pass through trials, and we will all experience miracles. Prayer gives us the ability to know and feel the love and support our Father in Heaven is sending us. Prayer helps us acknowledge that the miracles we have received are from one who loves us more than we know. As we all love our children, and hurt for them, miss them, long for them, our Heavenly Father does for us, even more so. If we cannot feel that, if we do not know that, then that is true suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to put my faith into words. For me I just KNOW. I've been through a lot of junk and I always make it out alive and usually better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be really honest, my parents' belief in God has been more unflinching than me. But I realized that in my worst of times, I was always trying to make a view about how I perceived God in all this.

    Now that I am pregnant, I can say that I did believe....I can't quite make erudite comments on it, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend sent me this poem after my baby died and I thought that I might share it with you...

    Let Go
    By Donna Faulds

    Let go of the ways you thought life would unfold; the holding of plans or dreams or expectations - Let it all go.

    Save your strength to swim with the tide. The choice to fight what is here before you now will only result in struggle, fear, and desperate attempts to flee from the very energy you long for.

    Let go. Let it all go and flow with the grace that washes through your days whether you receive it gently or with all your quills raised to defend against invaders. Take this on faith: the mind may never find the explanation that it seeks, but you will move forward nonetheless.

    Let go, and the wave's crest will carry you to unknown shores, beyond your wildest dreams or destinations.

    Let it all go and find the place of rest and peace, and certain transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, I *thought* that my faith in God was strong-unshakeable. Towards the end of our journey, my struggle with Him started. When we were told that biological children were impossible, I kinda thought "when man says no, God usually shows up and shows out!" But, after a few months with still no BFP, I became bitter. And I lost complete respect for Him. How can I trust Him again? I walked around in this dark place for over 5 years and just recently I just felt a release. I seriously can't explain it. We've started going back to church again and I feel a peace like I've never known. My views are different. I am different. But I feel Him near me, tugging at my heart and I know that He still loves me and has never left me (even though I thought I wanted Him too).
    So, I really don't have an answer to your question other than I tried to give up on God, but He just wouldn't give up on me--which is why I am still here today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that in my life when i am up and down that God my Father is consistent. I also have come to realize that He doesn't want bad things to happen to me, we live in a fallen world where things are imperfect. Yes He could instantly make things better but sometimes that isn't the plan or it's the wrong timing...i'm not sure and don't proclaim to know the answers to these things but i do think God crys with me as He holds me in his hands...Prayer definitely helps me at all times

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.