Let me preface this by saying I really hate being Debbie Downer. And poor Debbie. What did she ever do to deserve to have her name forever dissed by negativity. I bet someone in Hollywood thought of that. I wish life was simple, full of rainbows and butterflies and that I didn't have to shield myself from certain forms of entertainment. Hollywood is so misleading. They all make baby making look so darn easy. They implant it into our minds from the time we are little so that we think that all it takes is a man who's in love with a woman, and a pinch of baby dust to make a baby.
We were all so naive.
Now that I know better I have to shield my eyes from the TV shows, movies, songs and what not that feed into this fairy tail that having a baby is just so naturally easy. Pfft.
I can no longer watch:
I'm grateful that many of these girls place their children up for adoption- but the fact that they all can get pregnant and are so pathetic about it, makes me sick to my stomach.
18 Kids and Counting
How did they get sooo lucky to have 18, when I cant even get 1! At least they raise their kids to be productive members of society.
I love most of their shows, but I'm pretty sure half of their programming is about babies.
I especially can't watch:
My life is already rough. I don't need to think that every time I have to take a massive poo that I might be giving birth to my child in the toilet. Please don't torture me with that.
I also hate the stupid commercials. Luckily my DVR allows me to fast forward right over those little suckers.
You know the ones.
The ones where the lady is watching her kiddo play soccer and she so seductively says "What if I got pregnant again?" "What would I do?"
Oh- poor you. Must be rough to think that "what if".
You know what I would do?
I would throw a freaking party.
Stupid Hollywood. I blame you. For everything. Well okay, not everything. But for most of it.
Happy ICLW everyone! I am loving meeting all of you! You all are so inspirational. I pray for all of you every night!
What TV shows can you not watch?




I torture myself with all those shows!!
ReplyDeleteMy husband especially got upset with me when I was watching "I'm Pregnant And...." Each show had a different theme. In prison, addicted, have an eating disorder,and am homeless were among some of them.
haha I like Debbie Downer, cracks me up. Just because I tend to be negative and my husband says I remind him of her, haha. He's right :)
ReplyDeleteOh the list is long. I avoid alot of the obvious ones, and I completely agree with the "I Didnt know I was pregnant" one. But what really really pisses me off, is when they blind side you and throw in a pregnancy topic in a totally normal show like "Simpsons" or "Two and A half men". Then I am left completely unprepared for it.
ReplyDeleteUgh...
Loving your blog! So happy to have gotten to meet you and add another great read to my list!
Happy ICLW
I love trashy romance novels and recently I realized how fertile the characters are. They always live "happily every after" and no one ever stuggles to conceive. If only it were that simple.
ReplyDeleteOH! And I also love that Kelly Preston is pregnant at 47. I mean good for them, but seriously celebrities should let us know that "hey, we spent $15 gazillion dollars and used donor eggs" instead of leading everyone to believe that it's sooo easy to get knocked up at almost 50!
I cannot watch 16 and Pregnant because they make me want to slap them with their stupidity! I do like 19 Kids & Counting because I want to learn from Michelle on how she rears her children to be so well behaved and respectful!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS POST!!!!
ReplyDeleteUm yeah - I torture myself with all of those shows...I can't stop watching the train wrecks sadly. And sadly it's not 18 kids anymore Josie made it 19. plus the oldest son and his bride had a kiddo already. Seriously why are these people so freaking fertile.
ReplyDeleteI have a recurring dream that I wished I was on the "I didn't know I was pregnant" show...because I figure, hey at least I have a kid...and if I have to give birth on a toilet oh well...I have a baby. lol
Great Blog! :) That's exactly how I feel! :)
ReplyDeleteYour Awesome Ashlee! This post was great.
ReplyDeleteHehe," Hi my name is foxy and I am an addict." I freakin am addicted to each one of the shows you mention! It's been a while, but I used to watch the birth story and baby story too - not so much these days. You crack me up with your comments in this post. I am laughing because my lover hates these shows, even more now that we are infertile. I have to wait until he falls asleep before I can watch him, which means I watch them at night when my mind is in free-fall to begin with and not so rational.I actually wrote to TLC and suggested that they make a reality show "the infertility story", and run at least one episode for every 8 fertile episodes they show!
ReplyDeleteSo anyways, thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Someday, and reminding me that 16 and pregnant is poison for my soul. You are so right, but like I said, My name is foxy and I am an addict!
Happy (late) ICLW and thanks for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDeleteAs much as I am insanely jealous, I can't help but watch Kendra and also Kourtney. I have no idea why!
But they have just started screening Giuliana and Bill here in Australia. I told DH I would only watch it as long as they don't get pregnant in the first 5 minutes. Oh, I am terrible!!