So this is my first ICLW. I'm loving it. Today alone I've visited over 100 blogs of women who have been touched by infertility in some way. It breaks my heart that so many people are affected by this. It's pretty lame really. We're all such awesome people, trust me- I've read your blogs, I know.
But on the positive side, knowing that there are so many women, couples, out there to look to for hope, who understand exactly what I'm going through makes my outlook on this journey a little less crappy.
I've read stories about couples who have been trying for 10 years. Some who have had too many miscarriages to count. Some who have hit rock bottom because of this. I'm in awe over the strength of these women. I look up to them all!
I realize I'm young. I get that. But it doesn't mean that I want a baby any less then the next girl. We all just want to be mommies. We can agree on that.
I've gotten so many comments on my 1st ICLW post and my heart is smiling because of it. It feels so great to hear words of encouragement from the very women that I am secretly looking up to.
I hope my infertile journey will be a short one, but I hope that along the way I am able to be as strong, and as wonderful as the women that I've read about today. You are all nothing short of awesome. My hat is off to you.
I can't wait for tomorrow to read the last 80 some blogs.
WOW. You are totally an iron commenter this month!!! If you read all the blogs and comment- let Mel know so you can get your badge!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree- this community of strong women is so awe inspiring. I sometimes feel like a fraud when people tell me how strong I am b/c I haven't even cycled yet- dispute our first RE appt. being back in 2008.
I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope your journey to parenthood is short and full of love and happiness.
Just one pearl....you will always have a support system here!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
#22 ICLW!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower and I just added your blog to my blogroll! I too hope that your infertility journey is a short one. I wish you all the best! Your pics are so cute!! Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeletePS I see that you are trying for Iron Commenter status! Now I'm in awe! That's awesome!!
HI, thanks for coming over to visit and I'm going to follow you (add you to my blogroll) if that is ok
ReplyDeleteI hope your journey is short and sweet too, I've read some other of your posts and you are a great writer and a really amazing person.
GOOD LUCK with reading all the blogs for ICLW, I read them all for the WHAT IF project it took me 2 and ahalf weeks but it opened me up to more women that I now consider friends.
I hope that's what we become.
:)
I hope your stay in the IF world is short too :) And we (well I) think you're pretty awesome too! xxx
ReplyDeleteHere's to a very short visit to IF world. I am certain if all the tests/technology was so readily available to me nearly 20 years ago, maybe I would have been able to give birth myself. But, what's done is done and I am who I am because of all I've had to endure! Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteYou had time to comment on 100 blogs in one day ?! Wow.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope it will be a short trip for you. And, of course, you want a baby as badly as anyone else. Age as nothing to do with it. You want what you want. I hope you get it soon !
I'm a teacher so I'm out for the summer. I've got all the time in the world. :)
ReplyDeleteAnother fellow infertile teacher here. I hope that come September, you can figure out what's up and fix the problem easily! From the few posts I've read of yours, I can see that you have tons of strength and a good sense of humor. Best of luck to you!
ReplyDeleteWow! You've been a much better first-timer than me. I've had trouble getting all my comments in. I have a good excuse - well, sort of - but I still feel like a heel. So I'm commenting from the ER while I wait with my Dad.
ReplyDelete