My day usually consists of me watching CSI: Las Vegas on Spike. They have a marathon every day. Since I don't have anything better to do since I don't start work for another few weeks I usually watch at least 5 episodes a day. I've seen every episode already, but what can I say- I'm a sucker for it.
One of today's episodes was one I could relate to- in a sense.
I don't want to explain the entire episode but basically here's what happened.
The episode starts with a poor star gazer getting chased by a ball of fire. Come to find out that ball of fire contained a girl, who is now covered from head to toe in 3rd degree burns. But is still alive.
Then the CSIs get called to a house where they find a poor little girl who has drowned in the family pool. The mother is shot in the back and is laying on the stairs and the husband is shot and is laying on the bed.
At first they suspected murder suicide by the husband.
Then they found a crushed basal thermometer on the side of the bed. They then realized that it couldn't be the wife's because all of her baby making parts have been removed. They find a dark hair in the bed and suspect that the husband is cheating.
Back to the burn victim. They notify her husband. Turns out the husband is best friends with the husband at the house.
Cases are now connected.
So- this is what went down. Any guessers?
Well- you see the wife, the burn victim, wanted a baby more than anything. But her husband was shooting blanks. She didn't want to adopt and was desperate to have a baby on her own. They tried IVF "half a dozen times" with no luck. Husbands swimmers were just not up for the job. So wifey looks elsewhere and turns to the husbands best friend. Because obviously thats what sane people would do.
She becomes pregnant. A few weeks later her husband is at his best friends house and finds the basal thermometer in his bathroom. Freaks out when he finds out that he slept with his wife. Kills his best friend. Wife hears, and tries to run. She gets shot on the stairs trying to run to protect her daughter. Her daughter then wanders into the pool and drowns since there is no parental supervision, or a proper pool gate.
Husband calls wife freaking out. She comes over. She's horrified at what her husband has done. She runs away angry and lights herself on fire because she feels that neither her, or her husband should be living. He killed people, and she feels guilty because of her want for a baby had driven the situation and so and so.
She runs away, lights herself on fire. Husband is arrested. Episode ends with her waking up, still pregnant.
So first of all I would like to congratulate all of you other TTC'ers for not a.)sleeping with your husbands best friend so that you can get pregnant. and b.)for not having a husband that would kill that best friend for knocking you up.
And seriously- she didn't miscarry? That's bull.
OMG! Is it bad to say that I literally laughed out loud when I read your last paragraph! And thanks for putting infertility into perspective. I am sitting here imagining myself regaling this story to my friends the next time they awkwardly ask about us TTC. I would love to see the look of shock on their faces while I downed a beer and munched on some peanuts and told them that I thought I was nuts until I saw this episode of CSI...
ReplyDeleteIt really does make us all seem a lot less crazy.
ReplyDeleteROFL!!! This whole scenario sounds just like what half of my TTC/IVF friends have been through!!! (insert rolling eyes & gagging here) Where in the world do they come up with this???!!! If it weren't for it being so tragic, it would be downright hysterical! I've never once in my 19 years of IF, ever thought about sleeping with my dh's bf, tried to kidnap a newborn from the hospital, or any of the other absurd ways hollywood depicts infertile women. I've had to stop watching Lifetime movies for that very same reason!
ReplyDelete