Anyways, if you're interested in finding out what ICLW is, feel free to click on the link to the right- it's blue, can't miss it. If you're interested in finding out other bits of info please look at my pages at the top. You can learn all about me, in a non stalkerish sort of way. You can read about my 101 goals that I'm working on, and read my post from last month's ICLW. If anything you might get at least 5 minutes of semi-amusing reading material. Enjoy!
But, I won't leave you with boring information from the past, I will grace your curiosity with a few of my latest life happs. (and I'll add in a few of the stuff from my pages above, just in case you don't want to spend too much time looking at things about me. I understand. )
*Hi, I'm Ashlee. I'm a 23 year old Kindergarten teacher.
*I am a junkie of all things entertainment. In fact, this week is Comic-Con in San Diego- but I'm missing it, since I'm a grown up now, doing grown up things. (I almost typed that without laughing.) Comic-Con is awesome, and I'm sad to be missing it. But, I love celebs- I've met like 30 of them. It's what I do.
*I recently finished watching Veronica Mars- and am DESPERATE for someone to talk to about it.
*I was born in Minnesota, and moved to bright and sunny Arizona when I was 12.
*I'm terrified of deep, dark water.
*I have one sister and 11 brother and sister in laws, and 2 nieces with some more rugrats on the way.
*My stepDad is in the Army. He's in Iraq right now. He's super cool like that.
*I have a passion for photography and have dreams to become one, professionally, when I'm not teaching.
*I often have full blown conversations in my mind that make me seem cooler than I really am. (does that make me crazy?)
*and last factoid about yours truly- I'm a bit oversensitive and I tend to cry at all the wrong times.
I've been married to this pretty cute sexy guy for just over a year and I've decided that he's a keeper. I love him more than I've ever thought I could love a man, besides Leonardo DeCaprio, or JTT (I did promise to love them forever...so it's only fair to keep my word.) But I kid, my husbands a wonderful guy. He and I, pair nicely together. He's the peanut butter to my jelly, the Sonny to my Cher, and the Ross to my Rachel. He's super.
When we first got married, last June,.. it's like forever ago, I know...we had this huge plan of waiting to have babies for like 5 years. One thing led to another, and well- we decided to start "trying" a few months later in secret. I mean obviously its a secret anyways, not like we were charging for an audience in the boudoir- but you get my drift. We didn't want people to know when we started, because if they knew that well then they would be able to calculate the exact time it took us to conceive. And I don't want to get compared to any ones best friend, sister or cousin because it "only took them three months to get pregnant. all they had to do was relax". Pshhh. No such luck. Here we are. Still in love.Still relaxing and still no baby.
But things are on the up and up. You see, I haven't had the so called pleasure, is that the right word, of being diagnosed with any type of infertility disease. I have, however, been blessed with a sketchy Aunt Flo who likes to skip town and hide out for months on end. But, she came to her senses and blessed me with a visit on July 6th, and she has overstayed her welcome and is still here. 15 days to be exact. Kill me. Now, I'm grateful to have the slightest chance to experience something that may not occur again for months, but when she visited I was excited at the prospect of the big O and well... I can't exactly test for it until its gone and my hope of it actually happening is dying down. But, I'm hopeful on the prospect.
So that's where I am now. I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting. What? Not what you planned for your day, reading about some random girls menstrual cycle. Huh, well we are friends after all.
We want to be parents. We want a baby. I try and stay positive and think on the bright side, but well- when it comes so dang naturally to everyone and thier dog I get a little testy. We're hoping to find out in September what my issues are. That is when my insurance will kick back in and I can't wait to find out. It's not knowing that kills me. But again, I'm hopeful. I'm just trying not to let infertility drive me loopy in the meantime.
So that's me, in a nutshell per say. I am so excited to meet new people. Since last month I've become regular readers of some wonderful ladies and I can't wait to add more to my "Support Group" blog roll.
You all rock. Happy ICLW!

Happy ICLW! Loved your intro! Hopefully you will get the big O and big fat positive after that!
ReplyDeleteBeth
#148
Thanks for visiting. I hope your journey to motherhood comes sooner than later. Keep on visiting.
ReplyDeleteAwesome intro :) When you mentioned comic con I checked g4 to see if they were broadcasting from there. I think it's next week, doh. I have been to one anime convention, but nothing as big as comic con I'm guessing.
ReplyDeleteI am oversensitive as well. Glad to meet you!
Brilliant introduction! Your Dad rocks btw. And thought I'd let you know that I'm scared of deep dark water too, if I can't see the bottom, I ain't going near that water!
ReplyDeleteICLW
#41
http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
Hi Ashlee! Thanks so much for your support & kind words! And happy ICLW to you!
ReplyDeleteI hope your journey takes you to good places and doesn't delay your parenthood years... sorry to hear about the loooong Aunt Flo this cycle. (((hugs!)))
ahh, yeah, you are awesome and I love your sense of humor. :)
ReplyDelete~Happy ICLW!
What a fun introduction! Actually, reading about your menstrual cycle made me feel better about mine--so thanks.
ReplyDeleteDawn Davenport
Host of the radio show Creating a Family: Talk about Infertility & Adoption
www.CreatingaFamily.org
Love your introduction.
ReplyDeleteAn ICLW Visit from #107 (mfi, speedskating, strength)
liddy @ the unfair struggle
What a great intro!! Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW week! This is my first and I am discovering some fantastic blogs. All the best for September and where ever that road leads you . . . I truly believe we will all get there in the end :-)
ReplyDeletewww.maybebabyormaybetheloonybin.blogspot.com
Nice to meet you, Ashlee! You have a great sense of humor, and I love your style. I bet you'd be a kicka** kindergarden teacher. ;) Here's hoping things start to work out for you ... and you're welcome to come over for dinner any time. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW, and thanks for visiting my blog!
Great intro!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. I've decided to stick around your blog for a while and become a follower because I'm liking what I've read but also because you said you're a Comic Con fan. Me, too!!!! Love it!
~ MAK-now
You are too cute! I love that your bubbly personality seems to lift right off the page! I hope Aunt Flo packs her things and leaves immediately (15 days woah!) and you can move on with this cycle. I also hope things go well for you in September. Thanks for stopping by my blogs! Happy ICLW! (#45 & 46)
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW! I didn't realize somehow when I joined that the majority of the blogs were IF, but I am still glad I did because I have learned so much in the past few days. Thanks for stopping by my blog, maybe my husband and your steodad will run in to each other in the sandbox.
ReplyDeleteI have conversations with myself but mine are out loud now that makes me crazier then you. haha
ReplyDeleteICLW
Happy ICLW! I hope you get some answers to TTC in September! Following you now, hope your journey is short!
ReplyDeleteErica
ICLW #40
Nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
September feels like so far away - I hope it'll fly by for you (well, actually I hope you get pregnant before then and don't need an appt, but you knew what I meant). Looking forward to following your journey, and best of luck to you both! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and thank you for your comment/rant. :) Happy ICLW!
Hello from ICLW. Hope your infertility journey is short, not long. Hope parenthood comes sooner, rather than later. Best Wishes!! You have a great funny sense of humor. I bet your Kindergarten kids love you!!
ReplyDeleteOver from ICLW. Those long AF cycles are just killer aren't they? Hope you will be holding that baby in your arms soon!
ReplyDeleteICLW #117
Yah! Glad I am not the only under 25 to be facing this ickiness! :-)
ReplyDeleteHope everything goes well! :-)
Jo
ICLW
Hi Ashlee! Thanks for your comment on my blog.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your introduction. I'm a teacher as well (high school science). I *heart* my job!
I'm also a photography junkie. I've had a point and shoot for as long as I can remember and I'm always the girl snapping pictures at events. This past Christmas, Mr. MBC bought me my first "real" camera, a Canon Rebel XSi. I enjoy taking photos of children and nature.
Happy ICWL!
I love your energy and loved "meeting" you this way! Looking forward to reading more.
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Happy ICLW!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Really enjoyed reading yours!
ReplyDeleteICLW #166 Bethanie