WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Let's keep it light.

Barf. I just had this long, hilarious blog post and it didn't post right, and I lost it all. I'll try to make this one similiar, but the fresh humor is all gone.

Okay- So I went to the doctors. I was nervous. As I sat in the waiting room filling out all of the paperwork I started to people watch. I tried to guess why the family of 4 was sitting next to me. Was mom pregnant,or was she just there for her yearly, it was hard to tell. Across the room there was a young couple, who at first I thought the guy looked like a really butch girl, but then I saw he was a guy- who had just had their first ultrasound done. I can't wait to be in their position.

I got into the room, and immediately felt overwhelmed with emotion. There were pictures on the wall about birth and such. It just hit me, that hopefully I will be able to experience that soon. I regained control of my emotions and met with the nurse practioner Bonnie. She's a peach. We talked about my concerns and she came to the same conclusion that I had. She's pretty sure I have PCOS but obviously can't confirm that until the bloodwork and the ultrasound, which will all be done within the next few weeks. My follow up appointment is in 2 weeks and that's when I'll get the answers I've been waiting for.

Her game plan:
  • Get me pregnant by Christmas.
  • Start me on Metformin for 3 months.
  • If not pregnant in 3 months, then she'll refer me to the office doctor, who specializes in fertility, but doesn't charge fertility prices. He will then put me on Fermera.
Sounds like a plan to me.

So my well womens. I'm always happy when I'm not super uncomfortable but I think the following might have been worse. Yes Bonnie, I appreciate your complement on my headband but doing so while you check my lovely ladies for bumps was a bit silly. Yes it hurts when you shove your hand up my vajayjay and yes this is my first year teaching- thanks for asking. Yes your hands are a little cold and no I didn't paint my toes myself, I went and got a pedicure. Oh you got a pedicure last night, well that's wonderful- can I see you naked now? Super awkward I suppose, but I'm glad that I found a doctor that has the same goal as I do.

I'll keep you all posted and hopefully these next two weeks fly by!




6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got to a doctor!! Sounds like a great plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the appointment went well although a little comfortable. Sounds like a great plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you guys! We are so happy you had an appointment! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say that last paragraph was hilarious. Oh the fun of going to the beloved obgyn. Good luck on your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say, my OBGYN's name is Bonnie. She comments on my pedicure every time I go in. Wonder if we go to the same place... Anyway, I hope you have a little baby in you for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.