WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Blog.

When I first started this blog I had no intention, and no way of knowing that over the next year and a half it would sorta kinda turn into an infertilty blog. There are plenty of people who read this who know me in real life and there are plenty that do not. As awkward as it is to know that my cousin Kimball or my Aunt Lora know more about my baby making journey than I maybe would like them to is the awkardness I'll pay to put a voice to the struggle. Infertility is kind of one of those hush hush topics among some people. I try not to tip-toe around the fact that not all people can get pregnant just by looking at their husband. For some people, it is a very hard struggle. So if that means that people in real life know when Aunt Flo comes to visit, or when I last ovulated that's okay with me, and if they don't want to read about it that's okay too. This is my blog, so I'll write about whatever I care about most. Currently I care most about having a baby, so that's what most of my posts are about, but I do try and be fair to those people who don't care about that part of my life and I do try and indulge all of my readers with different topics and such.

I've thought many times about making a new blog devoted strictly to our TTC Journey but then I thought how pathetic this blog would turn out to be if I had to hide that side of my life. Yes, I'm trying not to blog about specifics because I do want some privacy but I also use this as a tool to explain my struggles to my friends without talking about it face to face. So, with that said- if you know me in real life I appreciate you not looking at me weird if I see you in public after you just read about a post about Aunt Flo, and for people who do not know me IRL thanks for sticking through me with the posts that you probably don't care about either.

With all that said-

I have more respect for women now than I ever did before. This whole 2ww business is cruel and unusual punishment. OyVey! I don't know if I can handle this much longer.

In other news I'm pretty sure I broke my toe today. I'm super awesome like that.

3 comments:

  1. i'm glad you're open with this! it's so helpful to so many out there. i always read IF blogs. it's such a hard thing to deal with and no one should have to be alone during it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep your blog that way that it is. We are who we are and nobody can change that. Love you Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.