I'm currently in my two week wait and I've been really anxious. For the past few days I've felt really sick, but then I just figured my body was just nervous for whatever reason. Today I've been feeling much better and I feel very not pregnant. I keep stalking other 2ww blogs and sites and everyone says that "they just knew" that they were pregnant. Well, I think my head is playing mind games because I'm pretty sure that "I just knew" I was pregnant like 8 times already and we all know that none of those times worked out for me. So I guess I'll just sit and wait. The thought of seeing only one line is scaring me not to test at all. I'm going to wait a while to test and see if I can avoid the test by AF coming instead. This has not been fun, and I don't know how many cycles I can go through until I officially loose my mind.
What are ways you keep your mind off the 2ww? and if you're pregnant or have ever been pregnant, did you just "know"?
Ashlee,
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I were trying for a number of months before we got pregnant, so I know the feeling of waiting to take a test. I know the waiting game sucks, because you don't want to be disappointed if the test is negative, but you can't hardly wait long enough to take it to see if it's positive! The first month we actually tried to get pregnant, I thought I "knew" I was pregnant. But the test was negative. That happened a number of times - I thought I "knew" every month, and then the test was negative and AF would arrive a few days later. The one time I didn't have that feeling of "knowing" I was pregnant was when the test came out positive. So in my experience, I did not "know" that I was pregnant. When I saw the test was positive, I actually was shocked, even though we had been trying and wanted a baby. I think I was shocked because I really did not have any kind of feeling that I was pregnant, emotional or physical. I thought I would just "know" when it happened, but I didn't. I don't know how that happens for some women, but it definitely doesn't happen for everyone.
Oh and I wouldn't look into you feeling better today than the past few days as a sign that you aren't pregnant. I didn't really feel pregnant until I was about 7-8 weeks along.
I hope sharing my experience helps!
I've been pregnant 3 times before. And each time I "knew" before I tested. I felt super tired, sore boobs, and a little ill. That being said...I also suffer from IPS. Imaginary pregnancy symptoms. Luckily it isn't every cycle. But I've had 2-4 cycles where I just knew I was, and it turned out to be the flu or my imagination!
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed for you! :)
My husband and I decided to start trying July 2008. Like many couples we thought we would get pregnant the first go round so we were both very excited. Alas 9 months later I changed my gynocologist. He was surprised we didnt come to see him earlier...he had us do tests to see if there was a specific cause for this but they found nothing (he ruled out that I had lazy ovaries). He started me on clomid for 3 months but the side effects were too much for me. So after taking a month off we decided to take the intrauterine insemination route. This consisted of giving myself shots every day for 2 weeks and going in for multiple sonograms to see what size my follicules were. We did this 3 times and when the 3rd time didnt work he had given us the phone number of a fertility specialist to start the process of artificial insemination. This broke my heart because I knew the process would be long. But I took the number and made an appointment with the doctor for the month after our 4th intrauterine insemination (iui). I ordered a book about infertlity and was mentally preparing myself for this long journey. After the 4th insemination and 1 1/2 years later we went on vacation to visit my family. I didnt think about it because after so long I was just mentally exhausted. I was supposed to start my period the day we were supposed to take the plane back to France where we live and nothing came which was not really suprising. So when we returned we celebrated New Years with friends and when nothing came I decided (with much hesitation from both myself and my hubby) to take yet another test. At 5 am on July 2nd 2010 I finally got the + sign I had so longed to see. I had to take another one to make sure. Now we have a beautiful baby boy and we couldnt be happier. Just dont ever give up Ashlee it will happen when you least expect it and try not to let the "just dont think about it and it will happen" get to you. You are not alone and I just know it will happen for you. I've been wanting to comment on your posts for awhile now so I just want to say I think it's great that you are so open with difficulty of ttc because not every woman gets pregnant by snapping their fingers. I wish you all the best, it might take some time but it will happen I know it :)
ReplyDeleteThe husb and I started trying Sept 2007. Long story short, 3 days before we were to begin our IVF treatments I found out I was pregnant. I'm now 12 weeks along and still in shock this even happened! Miracle baby? Yes!! But the gospel perspective also helps. :) Don't give up on your dream. Babies come to families in all different ways and like Ashley said, don't let the "just relax" comments get to you. Relaxing does not fix a medical problem. You're going to be a mom. Infertility is very isolating and we need to stick together to help each other through such a hard trial. I'm sure you've read this before but I really love it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.resolve.org/support-and-services/for-family--friends/infertility-etiquette.html
Good luck with your 2ww! The 36 I went through before our miracle pregnancy were no fun. :( But if it's any help... I didn't have any symptoms, ANY, until I was 7 weeks along or so.
I'm halfway through my TWW and am convinced that this MUST be "it." Logically, I'm fairly certain I'm wrong, but at the same time still kind of anticipating a positive. It's a vicious, cyclical thing, this infertility! Best of luck to you this cycle!
ReplyDelete