WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

This is where we write about how ooey gooey in love we are, about the things we like to do, and about our journey as new parents. Pull up a chair, and stay a while. We're glad you stopped by.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks.

I usually don't follow the crowd when it comes to doing obligatory holiday posts, but what can I say, I'm a sucker for them. So trendy or not here it is. We're still in Pennsylvania celebrating the holidays. Its been wonderful, probably the best vacation I've had in a long while. Awesome family + Fabulous friends = Perfection. This is the first thanksgiving I've had since I've moved from Minnesota that it actually feels like a holiday. It's cold and rainy and family is in the house laughing and having a fun time. That is what I am thankful for. So rather than writing this long poetic piece about all of the marvelous things I'm thankful for, I'm just going to make a list. Deal with it.

I am most thankful for:

  • My husband. He's the bees knees. He makes me happy when my skies are gray.
  • My family. All of them. In-Laws included. My family is super fab and I love them all so much and am so grateful for everything they have taught me and for the wonderful examples they are to me.
  • My friends. Even though Brian and I joke about never having friends because they're all grown up with babies so they don't hang out with us anymore, we still love them all so much and we're so happy to call them our friends. But we miss you guys! So let's hang out..now.
  • My job. I love every single one of my 33 little kidney beans. They are so brilliant and their love for learning makes my heart smile. I miss them. I can't wait to see those stinky kids on Monday. :-)
  • My co-workers. They are super sweet. Like I adore them all. Everyone is so friendly and have made me feel such apart of their team. I'm so thankful for that.
  • My church. Yes, I'm Mormon- and super proud. I'm happy that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me, and that I have the faith that I need to get through the crappy trials in my life.
and some things that I am still thankful for, on the less serious side.

  • Hair Straighteners
  • Chocolate covered pretzels
  • QT
  • Diet Coke
  • Slippers
  • Sweat Pants
  • Modern Medicine
  • my DVR
  • my new car, <3
  • chap stick
  • flavored hot chocolate
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there in the blog world. I'm so thankful for all of you, you've been such a huge support and inspiration to me- and for that I thank you all.

7 comments:

  1. I as likewise so grateful for so many things and one of them is YOU! Love you lots Ashlee, and I am so glad that you are my sons wife. love Mom G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW. Just wanted to say hello. I laughed when I read you are thankful for your friends even though you never see them b/c they all have kids. My husband and I say the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list. It was a nice way to learn more about you during ICLW, too.

    What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from ICLW :) Cheesy or no, its always nice to examine the things we're grateful for. Best wishes to you and your hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I read that right? 33 students?!? I thought I had a full class of 24! WOW!
    PS I just featured your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian used to play with his friends till he got married.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. But only if they're kind. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say anything at all.