I am currently on CD15 and waiting to get a positive OPK. I never got one last month, and I just blamed it on my crazy schedule with the holidays and my vacation and not taking all of my fem.ara. But now that I've yet to see anything this month I'm getting a little bit worried. We'll see what happens. 2 months ago I O'd on CD16 so maybe its just around the corner.
But I digress...
Since we're officially beginning our house hunting a
Can i tell you something I hate?
Are you guys ever going to have kids? Which is always said in such a pushy way as if their lives depend on it.
First of all, what kind of bull crap question is that? Are we ever going to have kids?! It's not like we're both pushing 40 or we've been married for 10+ years. So lay off me, please. Stupid question. I'm sorry that my infertility is affecting your life so much.
Hmmm, what else?
I've been getting really emotional at church lately. I think its turning me into a complete basket case. Just watching all the growing families, which account for about 75% of my ward is just a little tough to take in at times. Especially when I see a family of 8 and I instantly start resenting my ovaries. Church should bring you up, not down. I'm really working on that.
That's about it. So still not pregnant. Still trying. Going on 18 months here. Yikes.

Your 100% right - "are you planning on having kids..." is about the stupidest question out there.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I hate more is the response of..."just pray about it". As if, I'm infertile because I don't pray.
Give me a break.
I think you have an amazing attitude though - keep it up.
Yes. I HATE that question. How incredbily rude and horrible. It's so full of judgement.
ReplyDelete:( I'm sorry you have to deal with that question. I can feel the back of my neck get hot when someone asks me. i used to be very pleasant in my answering, but now I'm pretty snarky and tell them my husband is 9,000 miles away fighting a war but we'll get right on it. That's the best 'come back' I could think of.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on starting the house hunt! I'm a wee bit jealous. :)
My response was too long to leave on here:-) so I sent you an email.
ReplyDeleteI started my blog as a weight loss/TTC blog. So I'm pretty sure some of my weight loss followers get tired when I'm in the TTC mode. Right now I'm also taking a break (well at least I'm not taking meds, I'm still temping) so I'm sure the TTC followers are tired of hearing my diet tips! Oh well, the people who are my best followers are interested in both.
ReplyDeleteI hate the "Do you have kids" "When are you having kids question too." My husband has a good answer. He says "It's not from a lack of trying" That shuts people up quick. If that doesn't work, I ask them if they would like to help pay for the team of medical experts that could help us conceive.
Ashlee I know how you feel about church! it seems that everyone is preggers! or just had a baby i just about bursted into tears when I over heard a lady in my ward say she was due the same time I would have been and my heart just wanted to shatter! It gets tough seeing so many ladies have what you want. its heart breaking some days. You are going to be such an amazing MOM! your kids are going to be so lucky to have you! you are in my prayers constantly! I can't wait for your little miracle! in the mean time and i know you have heard this but its soo true Enjoy your time with just you and Brian. love you tons!
ReplyDeleteI hate that question. I think that is a stock realtor question because they want to be able to sell you a house with the child friendly options. good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh Ashlee, I believe that follower you lost is me! I deleted my old account and switched to a new one and lost all the blogs I was following!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, please know that Austin and I are praying for you guys continually! We are so sorry that you are going through this tough time. We are thinking of you.